secret vice. (1 Viewer)

How they loved that little porker!

Stranger things have happened. Some cousins of mine in Longford had a pet pig by the name of Dennis. One day it ran away, so all four of the kids came up in the bus to Dublin to find him.

They found him alright. Only his name had changed to Denny.

Originally posted by uncle_meat
I have no idea why Gryzor was called Contra in the US, but I do know that the americans are fond of doing that. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles. Give me a fucking break. A film called 'I come in Peace' about an alien drug dealer with Dolph Lungren was called Dark Angel Over here also. That flick had a great line, just after Dolph has impaled the barbarous fiend on some jagged protruberance with a deftly aimed kick and picks up the fallen alen supergun...

Alien: "I come in peace"

Dolph: " Yeah, and you'll go in pieces!"

BBBBBBRRRREEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!
(rapid fire alien SMG)

Fantastic!

Yes, Fanfare for the common man by Emerson Lake and Palmer (or is it Bachman Turner Overdrive?)

elp.

and i am proud to say i like prog. especially rick wakeman's solo albums despite the fact that several of them are quite rubbish. but i like the idea behind them. and the hair and beards.

and capes.

never forget the capes. right minka?

Good man, The yes stuff is pretty good too, again with the rick wakeman of spiralling keyboards. Jon andersons effeminate lyrics might put you off though. Jethro Tull are another half decent prog band. Rush also. Half man Half Biscuit are not a prog band but are worth listening to.

I also like Geno by Dexy's Midnight Runners.

Dexy's rule! Never be ashamed!

I can't recomend that LP Searching For The Young Soul Rebels enough, some of the most moving music ever, I was hot and cold on it for ages when I first got it, but when you really get into it it's so powerful.

never forget the capes. right minka?

especially when on ice. nothing like a nice cosy cape when you're performing an ice spectacular.

worryingly, i can still clearly remember most of the tunes from rick wakeman's epic music from the 1977 winter olympics. the more prog end of my dad's record collection has a lot to answer for.

Mr JT

Originally posted by Pantone247
Justin Timberlakes album is amazing, like 2003's Off The Wall

I'm not embaressed by that, what would be embaressing is if you listened to that bass line off Rock your Body and not feel the need to start shaking that booty. God Damn!

Yep, agree with that (tho some of the more ballady songs are shit).

Also like Misteeq's latest single. Yay!

Re: How they loved that little porker!

Originally posted by Anne OMalley
Stranger things have happened. Some cousins of mine in Longford had a pet pig by the name of Dennis. One day it ran away, so all four of the kids came up in the bus to Dublin to find him.

They found him alright. Only his name had changed to Denny.

My granny had a pet pig called Jasper.
And this German girl I was in love when I was a boy had a pet hamster called Jesus.

She was 6 foot tall, and built like a brick shithouse.....lovely.

The lady obviously. The hamster was small and furry. And when we crucified him, he rose again in 3 days and forgave us our sins. Great times.

Edit: Seriously, none of these are secret vices really except for Lizzie's one which is pretty sick.

Paul Simon's Rhythm Of The Saints is magnificent.
Nelly Furtado's Turn Off The Lights is BRILLIANT.
I still like Iron Maiden
None of them t'ing am secret though.

that justin song with the strummy spanish guitars and the snare from hell is deadly... reminds me of prince at his must funkey... cry me a river has it's prince moments too... really good... the rest of the ablum is pants buh... I politly gave it back to my young sister saying thanks buh no tanks

Right. Here are my claims to shame -

I know every word of Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio - I don't even like it but that's where too much MTV as a young wan will get ya.

I like 'Wuthering Heights' by Kate Bush (though rumpus sings it better than I do)

I actually own 'Baby One More Time' by Britney (well, I sort of 'borrowed' it - that's probably even sadder...)

Re: Re: How they loved that little porker!

Edit: Seriously, none of these are secret vices really except for Lizzie's one which is pretty sick.
[/B][/QUOTE]

...I've seen what you do with all those empty crisp packets..now that is sick.

kettleblack/mister pot too.

Good man, The yes stuff is pretty good too, again with the rick wakeman of spiralling keyboards. Jon andersons effeminate lyrics might put you off though. Jethro Tull are another half decent prog band. Rush also. Half man Half Biscuit are not a prog band but are worth listening to.

yeah, i've only got 'tormato' by yes, some of it seriously rocks. i always think it kinda ironic that wakeman left the band due to the other member's "cosmic excesses".

replaced by former moody blues keyboardist i think for a few albums?

and yes, i dislike jon anderson's voice very much too. unfortunate.

nggglbbth loves half man half biscuit.

Originally posted by minka.....

especially when on ice. nothing like a nice cosy cape when you're performing an ice spectacular.

right on.

worryingly, i can still clearly remember most of the tunes from rick wakeman's epic music from the 1977 winter olympics. the more prog end of my dad's record collection has a lot to answer for.

epic stuff indeed. better than criminal record anyway which i got recently. my fave out of the ones i have definately has to be rhapsodies. great fun. its so silly. gershwin with vocoders. brilliant.

another good un is 'Close to the Edge'. C'mere though, that song 'Don't Kill the Whale', is that not the funniest ever? I mean a humpback whale style organ solo? What were they thinking? The lyrics suck too, but it rocks for pure !cheezy value.

'Killing our last heaven beast, don't hunt the whhaaaaaallllllleeeee...'

another good un is 'Close to the Edge'. C'mere though, that song 'Don't Kill the Whale', is that not the funniest ever? I mean a humpback whale style organ solo? What were they thinking? The lyrics suck too, but it rocks for pure !cheezy value.

'Killing our last heaven beast, don't hunt the whhaaaaaallllllleeeee...'

haha! and the track with jon anderson's son talking on it....

'Oh! It was OK!! But there were no clowns, no tigers, lions or bears,
candy-floss, toffee apples, no clowns.'

hysterical.

future times, arriving ufo, release release, great stuff though.

i love the synth sounds at the start of arriving ufo.

onward is quite a nice love song too. again lovely synth action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back