SAUL WILLIAMS at Cork, Galway and Dublin next week (2 Viewers)

ddmurph said:
the cork gig was pretty amazing. way surpassed my expectations.

Second`ed!
I even bought a tshirt, cd and robbed a poster.
Never heard him before, but got straight into it - he`s pretty powerful on stage.One of the gigs of the year in my book.

He kept calling Queen Kong 'King Kong' which was pretty funny.Queen Kong were pretty good, first time seen em.Nice looking frontperson an all!

man, he was really good, but fook me it was packed in crawdaddy last night! kinda took away from the buzz, being knocked about like a ho.

That Irish slam poet guy was fuckin deadly too!

But overall a GAH to overpacked venues...

ddmurph said:
whereabouts? don't worry, i don't intend on stalking you or anything. i used to live above the dodgy chipper there. don't know what it's called now but it was blue thunder when i was there. used to have fuckers signing that dj otzi hey baby song outside our window at least 3 times a week.
What, in the cabin? Just moved in there meself.

I'm actually having second thoughts about Crawdaddy as a venue. The ceiling's very high, and the bass out of one of the speakers was rattling my head so much at times I couldn't hear the words. Didn't you think the poetry let the steam out of things a little at times?
It was a very good gig, and SW comes across as a very cool guy, but I preferred the rocking parts (when the bass wasn't so overpowering)

egg_ said:
I'm actually having second thoughts about Crawdaddy as a venue. The ceiling's very high, and the bass out of one of the speakers was rattling my head so much at times I couldn't hear the words. Didn't you think the poetry let the steam out of things a little at times?
It was a very good gig, and SW comes across as a very cool guy, but I preferred the rocking parts (when the bass wasn't so overpowering)

well someone's getting old ;)

I kinda know what you mean about the poetry, but I thought it was a pretty good way to build up a track, but when he was just going all preachy and talking, It did kinda let the steam out of things a little, yes...

How good is this guy? Is he better than anybody good or is there someone he's not quite as good as - e.g. better than brendan benson but not as good as rufus wainwright. I want to get an idea of the calibre of the man.

Break Neck Speed said:
You didnt buy the book of poetry then eamonn? spoze it was a bit much at 20 snots!

Nope, m.t.v. bought out the book.
Cd is`nt the best either, must listen to it proper yet i guess.
Bloody rent due next week, sorry i bought any of it now!:(
Still a top gig though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back