Safest areas in Dublin. (1 Viewer)

JohnMc

Hi. I am looking into moving to Dublin next year. I was looking into to attending DCU (though I might move up ahead of time to do a course through FAS to increase my chances of being accepted) I was mostly looking at Drumcondra, Glasnevin and Santry. How safe are this areas? I would like to take the odd walk or jog at night? How is the Public Transportation in those areas?I won't be bringing my car with me so I'll need a good bus and/or train service.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Of the ones you named I'd suggest Glasnevin. There are lovely quiet suburban streets galore there but it's close to DCU and a nice walk into town. I lived in Santry for a while, it was grand. The village though is just dead at night other than a couple of Chinese takeaways. From Glasnevin, Phibsboro is a short walk and there's restaurants, pubs, etc. there, always something going on.

From Glasnevin plenty of buses go out towards DCU and into town.

I went to DCU. Its grand. Just don't go jogging in Hampstead Park at night. The nacker drinkers beat the shite out of students for a bit of sport.

go live in Santry. If you move to Glasnevin you'll end up with neighbours who'll call the cops every time you wipe your hole the wrong way. They've lower standards in Santry so you should be able to have parties and wreck the gaff and the neighbours won't mind. In fact they'll probably drop in and help you wreck the gaff.

In short though, everywhere around there is decent. Except Ballymun, obviously.

Of the ones you named I'd suggest Glasnevin. There are lovely quiet suburban streets galore there but it's close to DCU and a nice walk into town. I lived in Santry for a while, it was grand. The village though is just dead at night other than a couple of Chinese takeaways. From Glasnevin, Phibsboro is a short walk and there's restaurants, pubs, etc. there, always something going on.

From Glasnevin plenty of buses go out towards DCU and into town.

you have to be careful, lots of areas call themselves glasnevin which are actually ballymun and finglas. parts of santry are dog rough also. best bet is anywhere between collins ave and home farm rd - litterally 100's of gaffs to rent in that neck of the woods. good bus service too.

Safe? What age are you dude - 90? If you're starting college next year the last thing you should be worrying about is "safe". All of the places mentioned above are fine, so long as you don't stumble around dead drunk at nighttime, and just avoid trouble

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back