Safari 4? (1 Viewer)

HMD is my kind of guy.

here, Diddles, would you not have two profiles on your mac, on for McDiddleton and one for Documentary.
Then you can both sample the joys of firefox.

And Documentary can put up his best of ladyboy wallpaper, and make all manner of customisations.

I'd say on mac os you should have an admin account, an then your misc user accounts as not to be running as root all the time.
no?

Jaysus. What the fuck do I know about macs.
fuck off flashback.

switching accounts is a pain in the hole if you only need to check something that takes a second.

never really liked safari, i find it awkward

Aye. Miles faster refreshing etc which is only a good thing. I keep clicking my fucking bookmarks bar thinking its a bloody tab though. Still, you get a few millimeters more browser screen, which is nice.

The extra journey to the top to change tabs will take a little getting used to. Feels like its miles away.

Peace out homies

That tabs-on-top thing can fuck off. And I reckon it's probably a violation of their own UI guidelines.

If you want to get rid of it, type this into Terminal:
defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugSafari4TabBarIsOnTop -bool NO

Tearing and dragging a tab can now only be done by clicking on the tiny triangle in the corner. A pain in the hole.

ff version of above is ctrl tab to go forwards a tab,
and ctrl shift tab to go back a tab.

everyone knows about alt tab, right?
and alt shift tab.

never maximize, use tabs.

what's the story with using spaces, does it use much more system power? I upgraded to 10.5 at home so i might start using them.

spaces is thing that's been hanging around *nix world for ages. I use them all the time. One desktop to do your coding, with the browser open on the coding stuff there, and your terminal or whatever.
Then another desktop for fluting around on, music, myspaces all that rubbish.
Then another for your remote sessions say.

Apple seems to have naused it up somehow, its not working as neatly as I am used to.

It is very handy though. Especially on the small laptops. Eh, power, dunno. Most machines now are hugely overpowered sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back