Safari 4? (1 Viewer)

Only gripe so far is that they have removed the progress bar (address bar turning blue) and replaced it with the wind turbine.

No, but the change you mentioned doesn't bother me and seems like a small complaint.

I'm sick of grabbing a tab, tearing it off and the whole fucking application following if I don't grab exactly the teeny little triangle in the corner.
I preferred it the way it was.
Yeah its a small complaint, but thats what this thread is about; sharing opinions about the "improvements" of Apple's browser.

I also agree with Anthony about the progress bar. Another case of "If it aint broke, don't fix it."

Everything's amazing, nobody's happy my arse.
Everybody's happy, keep it amazing more like.

They added a progress bar to adding attachments. Like in gmail, when you add an attachment a wee progress bar appears. Very slick.
Should have kept the big un buh

yeah the gmail progress bar is a godsend cos gmail has a habit of just freezing with attachments. and previously youd just be waiting there for it to send.

My Blue progress bar is back , Yay!

I ran a command in Terminal.app. to fix it .
This is for macs not pc's .
Also if you brick you computer doing this , then you've done something wrong and don't blame me please .

I never used terminal before and was scared I'l do something .. well ... terminal , but just follow these steps and it will return the blue progress bar for you (and the spinner thingy remains in the tab itself , although the reload icon seems to be gone but hitting return in the url bar or Command+R does the same thing)

A : Open Terminal (just spotlight it and open it )

B : It will open like a textedit page. Might have some text already on it , that's fine .

C: Type or Paste the first command line below into terminal page directly where the curser is. ( I'm not sure how this command appears in the post but it should be all on one line , same with the second one .)

D: Hit return .

E:Type or paste Paste the second command line below into terminal page directly where the curser is.

F : Hit return

G :Quit Terminal

H : Restart Safari if already open.

I : You're laughin'

defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugSafari4IncludeToolbarRedesign -bool NO

defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugSafari4LoadProgressStyle -bool NO

Other things like old style tabs etc can be reverted also.
Every thing I said and more can be found here

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back