Russia and its neighbours... (1 Viewer)

Rimbaud said:
Hope you don`t mind me asking - was the volunteer work in conjunction with college/study?Like did you have to have qualifications or meet certain requirements(or pay a load of money) to be accepted as a volunteer?

I did intend on going to Russia this year to Lake Baikal volunteering for these guys:
http://www.earthisland.org/ecotours/volunteer/eurasia/baikal.html

...but i got side-tracked/decided to do other things instead.

But i`ll definatly(all going well) be going the start of this summer for a few months.
We hang around with a very good guy who likes to help Russian street children. It was totally informal and was a holiday with buddies as much as a volunteering endeavour. We paid for it all out of our own pockets (except Broken Arm who robbed a bunch of sick people and old ladies) and it was worth every penny.

Queen Buzzo said:
We hang around with a very good guy who likes to help Russian street children. It was totally informal and was a holiday with buddies as much as a volunteering endeavour. We paid for it all out of our own pockets (except Broken Arm who robbed a bunch of sick people and old ladies) and it was worth every penny.

perm yeah?

Hye Miss Piggy, nope, i`m not rich enough or fit enough to go to Kamchatka, its meant to be pretty expensive for expeditions there.Siberia was great though, bloody warm as hell for the few weeks i was there!
A gnag of us treked 50 km from Ust-Barguzin to the shore of lake Baikal(east side of the lake) , over 8 days building bridges over rivers and clearing away trails along the way.It got pretty cold in the tents at night, of course i was the only one to bring a summer sleeping bag with me.The others had been to Nepal and stuff, real outdoor people...healthy and all that stuff.I sweated tears the first day, walking upa mountian with a rucksack, 2 weeks worht of food, an ax and a cutters.Hardest day of my life.
Ulan Ude was a cool city, don`t believe the shite Lonely Planet writes, i don`t know what the researchers were doing - they write theres no food joints(shit loads of them) and recommend to go to the hotels for a beer(shtloads of cool bars too).Mopes.

'The kids are alright'! here in Perm.My secon day at the shelter finished a few hours ago, they took the piss out of my lack of russian though!!!:(
Perm is pretty good though, best city i`ve been to after Moscow!
Must go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back