room of sorrow (1 Viewer)

I remember a sunny day where my da bought me a Lemon Sherbet ice-cream (my favourite at the time) in Quinnsworth, the first place to have non-vanilla ice-cream in Wexford. I took a big lick and knocked the scoop of ice-cream off the cone into a puddle - twas horrible ... but then we went back inside and the nice lady behind the counter gave me another one for free.
Horror at your own clumsiness followed by a demonstration that despite that people are kind and will look out for you. I hope you find this story heart-warming

jane said:
Ouch!

Sadly, I'd like to deny it, but the older I get, the more teachery I become. And I'm not even teaching this year.

A lonely teacher....with no class....

Is me.

..just razzin ya! theres always the books..books are so much better than kids..no smell,no backchat,..no "Is this your sons blood soaked hoody sir " at four in the morning.

hag said:
do i? :) man, they still account for the punchlines of 90% of my jokes! you remeber JR ice pops?

Remember the ice lolly...'he went that a way'.
Well i think thats what it's called..a red finger pointing..and there was an indian in the ad.
I remember eating one in the front garden and it stained all around my mouth and stained my face..and it took my mam ages to scrub it off..y'know when they lick a tissue or cloth and rub your face and it feels like acid.
I think I still got a stain on my face from it.
And they reeked fs strawberry chemical stuff.

HarpoonFace said:
Well i think thats what it's called..a red finger pointing..and there was an indian in the ad.
I remember eating one in the front garden and it stained all around my mouth and stained my face..and it took my mam ages to scrub it off..y'know when they lick a tissue or cloth and rub your face and it feels like acid.

..they were called.."thataways".

My room of sorrow entries are:

* them nature programs when you get to know the animals..then find out their nearly all extinct.
* Domestic pets..dying..especially when they are put down.
* Nostalgia carbonara

A friend of mine, who teaches secondary school in Crumlin, has been trying to get me to come in to do some sub teaching. Apparently, the principal asked her if she knew anyone who was even somewhat qualified (I'm not a qualified teacher, but it doesn't matter for subbing) who could handle the wild kids (one of whom recently threw a knife at my friend's head). Being a bit desperate for money, and knowing that I probably *can* handle the kids, at least for a short time, I said I'd do some at some point, but not until I've met at least one of the deadlines looming over my head.

Last week, I was bored (despite deadlines) and sick of unpacking and doing crappy boring domestic stuff, so I decided to change the outgoing message on my phone. For about two years, I had the same 'This is Jane'...blah blah blah...message on it, just in case someone called about some sort of 'professional' thing, which really, no one ever has.

So I grabbed a bunch of props and did a new message, a drunken Bonnie DaSilva (is there any other kind?), smacking the kids around and spouting her typical load of bollix. It was too long a message, but it was mildly amusing.

The next day, my friend called and said, 'Listen, we're desperate for a sub for tomorrow, so I gave the principal your number. Has he called you?'

I check the missed calls, and the number she'd given me was there. Puzzled, she asked, 'That's funny, I wonder why he didn't leave a message?'

'Hm,' I wondered, 'I really don't know.'

About five hours later, it hit me. After I was finished nearly laughing myself sick, the fact that I've probably just blown a decent job opportunity began to sink in. Oops.

jane said:
Seeing a little kid drop his/her ice cream, or even just the sight of fallen icy treats on the ground, knowing that a paralysing disappointment came over someone just before the moment of impact, somehow really gets me. Oh, the empathy. The sympathy. Every pathy under the sun.
psychopathy? sociopathy? up the garden pathy?

where's my backwards dictionary

jane said:
Seeing a little kid drop his/her ice cream, or even just the sight of fallen icy treats on the ground, knowing that a paralysing disappointment came over someone just before the moment of impact, somehow really gets me. Oh, the empathy. The sympathy. Every pathy under the sun.

oh i hate that as well. i get really upset when i see kids in that situation. :( i really don't like to see children crying.

egg_ said:
I remember a sunny day where my da bought me a Lemon Sherbet ice-cream (my favourite at the time) in Quinnsworth, the first place to have non-vanilla ice-cream in Wexford. I took a big lick and knocked the scoop of ice-cream off the cone into a puddle - twas horrible ... but then we went back inside and the nice lady behind the counter gave me another one for free.
Horror at your own clumsiness followed by a demonstration that despite that people are kind and will look out for you. I hope you find this story heart-warming

This is what makes Grogan's the greatest pub in the world - if you spill your pint, even if there's only a little bit left.. they'll give you a new one for free!

(well okay, i'm not condoning everyone to go to grogan's and guy one pint and drink free all night by continually spilling the last drop....but i wuz pished there recently, spilled the last two sups of me pint and they gave me a new one! what a house!

herv said:
oh i hate that as well. i get really upset when i see kids in that situation. :( i really don't like to see children crying.
I have a rather vivid memory of my brother getting an ice cream stolen on him by a monkey in a pet shop .

bastard monkeys .

jane said:
a pathy

unless their my wee sisters

hee hee :) they were just called 'that a way'. such crazy ice lollies, i mean, who the fuck came up with that (a way)? you know? it's crazy. i think my favourite will remain the wibbly wobbly wonder...
HarpoonFace said:

Pantone247 said:
I think it's fair to say none of you have had any real trauma in your lives if a spilled ice cream is the pinnacle of sorrow for yis.
perhaps real sorrow isnt the kind to be shared with pricks you dont know... just a theory like

hag *hugs* pants and says "jesus dude... sorry about your troubles... you fancy a 99?"
Pantone247 said:
I think it's fair to say none of you have had any real trauma in your lives if a spilled ice cream is the pinnacle of sorrow for yis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back