Ronnie James dio RIP (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 30
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 2
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tributes...

Guitarist Ralph Santolla (OBITUARY, DEICIDE, DEATH, ICED EARTH) has released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"There's not a person in metal today that doesn't owe something to Ronnie James Dio. I had the honor to meet him once, and to see him perform many times, including on [1980's] 'Black and Blue' tour [featuring BLACK SABBATH and BLUE ÖYSTER CULT]. He seemed to treat everyone he encountered as an equal, but few are his equals.

Drummer Mike Portnoy of progressive metal giants DREAM THEATER has posted the following message regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"Rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio... one of the greatest of all time.

"Looks like Dime [late PANTERA guitarist 'Dimebag' Darrell Abbott], Randy [Rhoads; late OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist], Cliff [Burton; late METALLICA bassist] and Bonzo [late LED ZEPPELIN drummer John Bonham] just scored the ultimate singer.

"This is one of the saddest days in metal ever."

ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian has posted the following message regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"Rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio. Horns at half mast. Such a huge loss...

"So many memories of Ronnie. Toured together many times. He always had a kind word and a smile and he LOVED the Yankees.

"In 2004 on the DIO/ANTHRAX tour I would get the Yankee score every inning for Ronnie while he was on stage. He was so into it.

"Saw BLACK SABBATH on the 'Black & Blue' tour [featuring BLACK SABBATH and BLUE ÖYSTER CULT] at Madison Square Garden [in New York City] in 1980. First row center.

"Ronnie was king of the world. Top 3 shows of all time."

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach has posted the following message regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"Crying right now in remembrance of my hero and friend, Ronnie James Dio.

"Dio died this morning and he was a major, major part of my life. I got to do shows with him and work with him and I loved Dio my whole life.

"Thanks so much.

"The world has lost one of the best.

"Your last album was your best. Of course."

(Pinched from another forum.)

From Irish Times:
He moved over to Black Sabbath, the leading exponents of heavy metal, after Osbourne was ousted in 1979. He recorded three albums with the band before quitting. He reportedly complained there were not enough photos of him in the artwork for the group's 1982 concert album Live Evil. "

What was so disrespectful? Besides looks like it was just copied & pasted from Reuters anyway.

Shit Times article, typical attitude towards rock. Show some respect!
I actually tried to be kind by editing out the last bit - "He reportedly complained there were not enough photos of him in the artwork for the group's 1982 concert album Live Evil , and guitarist Tony Iommi referred to him as a "little Hitler"."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back