rock you mother (1 Viewer)

my pops came to my first ever gig (my brother was in the band too) at the earl gratten. my mum never has. always supportive though and they are threatening to come to see the next decent gig we do in town. eek! my dad is open minded musically, but my mum would be scared, i know it.

Originally posted by Anthony
I think the only reason my Dad knows I'm still in a band is because my brother was going to see us the other week. Even bringing them the Irish Times review didn't help. Even the photo in the RTE Guide was like, "why are you in here?"

My dad did drive our gear to a gig my old band did in London once. Then slept in the van while we played. Horse to water etc.....

Yeah, but he still dresses up in leather and drives a great big moterbike...

not many of us can boast that

Originally posted by Pantone247
Anyway got me thinking does anyones parents come to their gigs and stuff, or listen to your records?
My parents never went to any of my gigs when I was young because I knew I'd be embarrassed and didn't want them around (shame on me). So the first time they turned up at a proper gig was when we went playing in Milan with Morello.

My dad was actually cool... he got along very well with the lads, enjoyed the gig and gave us quite a lot of feedback. Of course, he had to make his remarks about how *wise* would it be for me to come back home and start some business carrier instead of wasting my time up here, playing guitar, etc.

My mum was actually *SCARED*! This really surprised me: she said the one on stage wasn't me because I looked so angry and evil.... and I'm her good little boy...

To cut a long story short, as a son I'm a total disaster :D

Originally posted by Ian

and I may have mentioned this before, but my mum used to go out with rory galagher back when they were in their eaely teens

rory gallagher's grave is bleedin' rockin - it's like half a golden sunburst in the middle of a staid cemetary in the cork suburbs. I must point out here I didn't make a specific pilgrimage to see it, I was merely at a funeral in the same place.

Originally posted by kirstie
rory gallagher's grave is bleedin' rockin - it's like half a golden sunburst in the middle of a staid cemetary in the cork suburbs. I must point out here I didn't make a specific pilgrimage to see it, I was merely at a funeral in the same place.

sigh

my mother used to go out with Butch Moore

ma's were right goers back in the day, what with the having of 4 boyfriends on the go at the one time etc

why can't it be like that now, eh?

My parents eventually listened to our cd around Christmas.

Father's reaction= "jaysus, it's not near as bad as I thought it would be"

Mother's reaction="would you not put in a bit of piano?" (quickly followed by) "did you just say 'fuck' in that song?"

Originally posted by kirstie

I did make a specific pilgrimage to see it, but there was another funeral on at the same place while I was there so i watched it too

Attachments

• johnny_rg_grave.jpg
    johnny_rg_grave.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 48
I went to see the Walton's in Charlies and got chatting to this fella at the bar who was asking what i thought of the band, what did I think of the guitar player etc.. Turned out to be Matty's dad!

I think he was just trying to work out if they were any good. To the kids like, dunno why he was asking me.

Grave

I live, like right next to that graveyard! It's like an extension of my back garden! Did you notice the fretboard along the right hand 'ray'. You can just about make it out in the picture above...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back