Risotto (1 Viewer)

So, what should I put in tonight's one? The winning suggestion gets rep.

Also, do you think I'll be able to get Irish grown asparagus somewhere in the city centre?

peas! the pea risotto here is yum yum yum. especially if you stir in some crispy fried bacon bits.
I've eyed up that pea risotto before, it looks incredible but a bit too much hassle for what I have in mind tonight. I made the caulliflower one before, it ruled.

I might just throw some peas and bacon into a risotto though.

Anyone any idea where to get veggie parmesan or a good substitute? I've asked in all the town health food shops and fallon and byrne type places to no avail. Occasionally I'll turn a blind eye but it kinda creeps me out if I think about it. Tried that vegan stuff, I think it's actually made out of dehydrated baby sick. not ideal.

I know an English crowd make a veggie one that's supposed to be very good. Read about it on the Delia Smith website. Maybe mail order?

I've eyed up that pea risotto before, it looks incredible but a bit too much hassle for what I have in mind tonight. I made the caulliflower one before, it ruled.

I might just throw some peas and bacon into a risotto though.

it's actually pretty easy, you just feck peas in the blender and then heat them up in butter. if you're making the risotto straightaway you don't need to do the whole covering/reheating malarkey. my only problem with it was that the pea puree was TOO TASTY and i kept wanting to eat it with a spoon.

peas! the pea risotto here is yum yum yum. especially if you stir in some crispy fried bacon bits.

it's actually pretty easy, you just feck peas in the blender and then heat them up in butter. if you're making the risotto straightaway you don't need to do the whole covering/reheating malarkey. my only problem with it was that the pea puree was TOO TASTY and i kept wanting to eat it with a spoon.
Oh wow. That worked a treat. Nicest risotto I ever made. And it was easy.

I know an English crowd make a veggie one that's supposed to be very good. Read about it on the Delia Smith website. Maybe mail order?

yeah I thought that might be the case, gonna ask in cornucopia as they list it in their cook book, I know it
must be available somewhere. thanks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back