RIP Don Van Vliet (1 Viewer)

absolutely gutted to come home to this news

my intro to the good captain was back in the early 90's, when john peel announced that for the next while, every night he was going to play a consecutive track from his favourite lp ever. 28 nights later he finally got to the end of trout mask replica, and i was busted.

Likewise- although i think he was only on weekly at the time so it took about 6 months!

RIP to a true legend

Beefhearts 10 commandments of guitar playing.

1. Listen to the birds

That's where all the music comes from. Birds know everything about how it should sound and where that sound should come from. And watch hummingbirds. They fly really fast, but a lot of times they aren't going anywhere.

never actually read these before, great stuff. and this might sound contrived and pretentious but fuck it - something i'll always remember is staggering home in the dawn light after a particularly special night and hearing the dawn chorus like it was Captain Beefheart - the moment I 'got' Trout Mask Replica.
i doubt you read thumped but thanks for all the amazing music Don.

I bought a Beefheart Biography on Tuesday. also proving life goes on .... my nephew was also born yesterday.
I also remember Peel playing all the Beefheart tracks in 1993, it was the first time I heard him too.

I bought a Beefheart Biography on Tuesday. also proving life goes on .... my nephew was also born yesterday.
I also remember Peel playing all the Beefheart tracks in 1993, it was the first time I heard him too.

Yeeeepppp
stranger.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back