Richest club in West London (2 Viewers)

shitty appointment but on the plus side he is not allowed to buy any players. least i presume they will stick to that model.

well impressed by the Ramage and Cerny signings. they must have been trying to soften the blow of the dowie appointment

nice to see damien delaney called up for ireland

See if you look at the facts, Dowie is a good manager. Got an average Palace side promoted, who held their own in the premiership a lot better than your Derbys or your Watfords. Coventry were top of the league before they started to have problems off the field.

Imagine if he would have been appointed before Flav took over, we would be delighted! We've not had any success or real big name signings and already we're too big for Dowie? I don't go along with that to be honest.

But yeah, Ramage and Cerny are top signings. A back four of Cerny, Ramage, Connolly, Hall and Delany looks as good as anyone else in the Championship. Need a quality striker and a quality left winger and we'll be in good shape I reckon.

The problem with the R's is Loftus Road stadium. It holds 18,500 max. with very little room for expansion. There are talks of moving back to White City and even as far astray as Hillingdon to sustain the club financially in the Premier League. Their support has swelled in recent years with disgruntled fans of other London (current and previous) Premier League clubs. They should have little problem getting 30-35,000 attendances in the right stadium.

ah but flav promised a sexy football team :rolleyes:. I just think with the money at the club now we could have done a lot better than Dowie.

Dont think we are too big for him or anything and he will probably do a reasonable job. just a very uninspired appointment. might as well have got back holloway (except for that king lear - eastenders shite :mad:)

See if you look at the facts, Dowie is a good manager. Got an average Palace side promoted, who held their own in the premiership a lot better than your Derbys or your Watfords. Coventry were top of the league before they started to have problems off the field.

Imagine if he would have been appointed before Flav took over, we would be delighted! We've not had any success or real big name signings and already we're too big for Dowie? I don't go along with that to be honest.

But yeah, Ramage and Cerny are top signings. A back four of Cerny, Ramage, Connolly, Hall and Delany looks as good as anyone else in the Championship. Need a quality striker and a quality left winger and we'll be in good shape I reckon.

Sorry but that's just not true at the moment. Apart from the two last home games of the season, we were nowhere near capacity. Yes we have a hardcore of 10/11000 who will come every week. But until we start to take the championship by storm, or get into the premiership, we aren't going to sell out LR every week. There are always a load of rumours about possibly extending the loft or ellerslie as well, it's not an impossibilty.

Sorry but that's just not true at the moment. Apart from the two last home games of the season, we were nowhere near capacity. Yes we have a hardcore of 10/11000 who will come every week. But until we start to take the championship by storm, or get into the premiership, we aren't going to sell out LR every week. There are always a load of rumours about possibly extending the loft or ellerslie as well, it's not an impossibilty.

I meant it in the context of getting into the Premiership

I meant it in the context of getting into the Premiership
But Fulham still don't sell out Craven Cottage week in week out. Neither do the scum, they have to give away tickets to champions league games! Untill we start getting in real big name signings, or doing better than expected in the premiership, 19,500 is fine in my opinion.

But Fulham still don't sell out Craven Cottage week in week out.

Man, I love that ground.
I could care less about the team staying up but I'm glad teh ground is still in the Prem.
Beer and a pie while leaning on a rail overlooking the Thames in the sun?
Yes please.

long way away at the moment but i think we would have no prob getting 25-30k in the premier league in a new stadium if we get promoted.

Id prefer them to expand loftus road though if its neccesary. dont want one of those shopping centre type stadiums with no atmosphere.

When you look at clubs like fulham or reading. these are traditionally smaller clubs than QPR. I remeber reading at elm park getting 5 or 6k. now they both average around 24k.

This is getting off the point a bit but new stadiums with lots of family deals and nice facilities will bring in the crowds

Elm Park

jarm051022212332.jpg

Good news Stan!

QPR have completed the signing of former Italy international Damiano Tommasi. The 34-year-old midfielder, a free agent following his release from Spanish side Levante in the summer, has signed until the end of the season.

Experience: Damiano Tommasi, pictured in 2001, has signed for QPR 'The signing of Damiano adds great experience to the squad,' QPR manager Iain Dowie told www.qpr.co.uk. 'He has played at the highest level for club and country, and to have a player of that calibre available can only be good for QPR.

'We've got some fantastic young talent in the squad and training with someone of Damiano's stature will be of huge benefit to them, I'm sure. In the short term, he could prove to be very useful to us.'

Tommasi made more than 250 appearances in 10 years with Roma, winning the Italian championship in 2001. He was capped 25 times by Italy and played in all four of the Azzurri's matches in the 2002 World Cup.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think we could actually play an entire team of midfielders at this point!

Not sure how many games he'll play, but it can't be a bad thing to have a legend like that knocking round the gaff.

interesting destination for a confirmed communist. hasn't tomassi been 34 for about 5 years now?

Refused to take more than 1200 quid a week in wages if the rumours are to be believed.

You don't become a billionaire by giving money away!

I know what you mean though, wouldn't be quite so bad if they had splashed a bit more in the transfer market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back