Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud (1 Viewer)

I went to guilbaud's with my wife a couple of years back for a special occasion. Eating out is our thing, so it was something we had both wanted to do. It was about €350 incl wine and tip. All I'll say is that it was perfect from start to finish. I had Roe deer with chocolate sauce as my main course. There were about a half a dozen in between course things that went with it.

If you're into eating out and would like to try it they do a lunch for about €70 or €80.

Brown's and La mere Zou (both of stephen's green) do high class food for about half the price of guilbaud's.

Incidentally, the cellar bar of the merrion hotel is a nice place for a quiet drink and it's no more expensive than a regular bar.

I think this thread is absolutely ridicilous. I read the Doorley review last week and thought the restaurant sound amazing. Hopefuly one day I'll be able to afford to treat myself to eat there, and then I'll be able to make an informed decision on whether it's worthwhile or not. I don't see what's wrong with people who have money spending it. Are thay harming people? In fact, it's good for the economy. If rich people hate in McDonalds all the time, there'd be less tax revenue and therefore fewer hospital beds etc..

fuck, if i could afford it id go.
sometimes you just gotta spoil yourself as ned flanders said once after purchasing himself a pair of assasins.

So it's only the PDs who think that people spending money contributes to the exchequer?

It's mainly the PDs who think that decadence is ok because, from the massive amounts of money splurged, small amounts end up in useful projects. What really gets me about Doorley's massive bill is that probably at least twenty quid was wasted on mineral water.

It's mainly the PDs who think that decadence is ok because, from the massive amounts of money splurged, small amounts end up in useful projects. What really gets me about Doorley's massive bill is that probably at least twenty quid was wasted on mineral water.

I wasn't aware of that. So what do the other parties think about decadance? Who judges what constitutes decadance and what is merely indulgence? Is indulgence ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back