Rent Allowance (1 Viewer)

Green Goblin

I'm moving place at the moment and I'm wondering about a few things.

Would it be possible to get my rent allowance extended to cover €100 a week rent? I know the contribution went up €18, so it should be easier maybe?

Also, if I end up working part time, does all that money end up going to my rent then? For example if I work maybe 2 days a week and earn 100 euros, that all goes to pay my rent. Seems kind of pointless if so, I thought it would just increase the contribution.

Would it be possible to get my rent allowance extended to cover €100 a week rent? I know the contribution went up €18, so it should be easier maybe?

Also, if I end up working part time, does all that money end up going to my rent then? For example if I work maybe 2 days a week and earn 100 euros, that all goes to pay my rent. Seems kind of pointless if so, I thought it would just increase the contribution.

Whatever you do, don't ask the social welfare these kind of technical questions. A message board about music is far more likely to have the answer.

wait, what, are we meant to be discussing music? i hate music. i thought this was a second-wives and fish-wives gossip board.

in fairness, if anyone would know about receipt of social welfare benefit it would be musicians. zing!

anyway, I thought you'd want to talk to the health board as it's their jurisdiction, not the social welfare innit?

Is applying for rent allowance still the hoop-jumping clusterfuck it used to be? I reckon I could be due some, being on a 2 day working week and all...

well, what do you have to do again...

go to your local health board and get a form; fill it out; get
your landlord/landlady/agent to fill out a section; get
another form from the housing authority; fill it out; bring
that form to your post office/social welfare office/place of
work; get it stamped; return with that form along with some
utility bills and two passport photos to the housing
authority; bring the receipt that they give you, along with
the first form back to the health board to open the claim;
wait a few weeks/months for the housing authority to send
someone around to look at approve you for housing; bring
approval letter and possibly bank statements/p45s/other
documentation back to local health board; wait for claim to
be processed.

I think that's how it works. so to answer your question: yes.

i think theyll tell you to move in somewhere cheaper
think rent allowance is set out for people who are struggling so i think the idea is anywhere reasonablw will do
you could ask you landlord to say the rent it whatever the threshold is you its not an issue. i hadnt head the contribution when up but its still low to get anywhere reasonable

also i think if you earn anything you loose your RA

question. now, im presuming but can someone confirm?
one can move into a room in a gaf whereby one could get rent allowance (provided the landlord isnt evading tax) while the other tenants pay their own full rent (provided theyre employed like).
i.e: one doesnt have to rent out the whole gaf under rental allowance and can just rent out a room, correct??

thought as much. thanks. the lady from daft.ie doesnt believe so. the fucking stupid bint.

Jesus, seriously? Of course you can do it that way.
Daft is a product of that aul housing bubble we had. They'd wanna get their shit together quicksharp.

thought as much. thanks. the lady from daft.ie doesnt believe so. the fucking stupid bint.

Jesus, seriously? Of course you can do it that way.
Daft is a product of that aul housing bubble we had. They'd wanna get their shit together quicksharp.

That woman:

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your email.

I have called Social Welfare to find out more about rent allowance.

You can indeed clain rent allowance when living in a shared accomodation, but it can only be claimed by one person per household.

For that reason, we will not be adding it to our advance search as it would lead to confusion.

If there is anything else we can assist with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Claire

one per household? is she right? i dont think so. again. jesus, i should have her job.

That woman:

Hi Aaron,

You can indeed clain rent allowance when living in a shared accomodation, but it can only be claimed by one person per household.

For that reason, we will not be adding it to our advance search as it would lead to confusion.

If there is anything else we can assist with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Claire

one per household? is she right? i dont think so. again. jesus, i should have her job.

No way can that be right....

But besides that what is considered a 'House hold' ? I do thin yer land lord needs to declare earnings for renting over a single amount. but those old bed sit buildings in Rathmines a 'House hold' ?

That woman:

Hi Aaron,

Regards,
Claire

Nah, she's wrong.
Your local citizens information centre is the place to go for this sort of info.

Surely though, seeing as it's a renters market at the moment and everything, the rent allowance will ultimately affect landlords. Won't it?

You all should say to your landlords "Yo, lower my rent by 16% cracker, I ain't gots the means to be payin y'all them big dollaz no mo', fo' real".
Or something like that, you'll know yourselves how best to say it.

wasnt emailing for info but to ask why the 'rent allowance' option was there on 'lettings' and not 'sharing' advanced search.

doesn't matter, it appears that they won't be bothering to put it in.
and they finally have the 'rent allowance' option for shared accomodation searches.
fuck you daft.ie

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back