Religious fervour outside Stringfellows (1 Viewer)

Bag'o'cans

Religious fervour has reached father Ted proportions outside Stringfellows parnell street. This evening the Rosary circle (a circle of 5 elederly women praying in silence), the 'down with this sort of thing - careful now' plackard crew and the slowly increasing Garda presence have been joined by The VIRGIN MARY MOBILE a fully kitted out Car with speakers and 6 foot Mary statue on roof surrounded with flowers. Listen to the eerie satanic death metal sounding raspy sound system as it blares decades of the rosary, it truely sounds like the devil. pimp my ride eat your heart out. Get on Down folks and join the carnival of dignity.

Bag'o'cans said:
Religious fervour has reached father Ted proportions outside Stringfellows parnell street. This evening the Rosary circle (a circle of 5 elederly women praying in silence), the 'down with this sort of thing - careful now' plackard crew and the slowly increasing Garda presence have been joined by The VIRGIN MARY MOBILE a fully kitted out Car with speakers and 6 foot Mary statue on roof surrounded with flowers. Listen to the eerie satanic death metal sounding raspy sound system as it blares decades of the rosary, it truely sounds like the devil. pimp my ride eat your heart out. Get on Down folks and join the carnival of dignity.

pics please.

is this wan still hanging about?

stringfellows-shah09.jpg

I live across the raod and don't care as long as the drunks leaving at 2/3am when its over and walking up the street don't sing too loudly.

Anyway noone complained when Shooters the original pub did Lapdancing b4/

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
pics please.

my mate told me this was going on so, I ran down with the camera to get a few snapshots. Unfortuantely the cops were moving him on when I arrived. So I got to see him moving slowly up parnell st in his BVM mobile to the sounds of the rosary. Its amazing that none of these fuckers can find something more worthwhilely christian to do at night, such as feeding homeless heads or something. Fucking fanatics! None of them seem to have noiticed that theres a strip club on north denmark st!

dont think id want a stripclub if i was living around there with a family to be honest.some of the people outside were fairly hilarious though

The only issue i have with stringfellows is stringfellow himself. Mr Stringfellow. His name makes my skin crawl for a start. Then, factor in his hair, his horrible persona and his hair and you get one really offensive knob.

down with these sort of people.

_889972_string.jpg

Im sure the locals are getting less sleep cos of the jesus freaks than the sleazy old drunk perverts that are coming out of stringfellows and raping people.

Peter Stringfellow thinks Leopardskin is classy.

rotten tropics said:
dont think id want a stripclub if i was living around there with a family to be honest.some of the people outside were fairly hilarious though

agreed, but I reckon most of the crowd of protesters probably travelled across the city (and possibly through time) to have a bit of an oul pray in front of the den of iniquity. They probably outnumbered the locals 10-1

Its amazing what a bit of publicity will do. I think its funny that the protesters are probably generating more busness for stringfellow than they are turning the god-fearing folk of Ireland away from a bit of aul Boob & Minge watching

These dudes sound quite like the folk that stand in front of the family planning clinic staring at it.

By the way - that woman who is camped outside Leinster House all the time. Anyone know what her buzz is?

aoifed said:
I think lap dancing clubs are really crap

I think itd be funny if all the holy joes had their own club. After a few drinks and a kebab you could wander in a get a good pray before you went home. They could have nuns selling you overpriced religous trinkets. And big beefy jesuits on the door. You could get a 'private meditation on your sins' with a nun for six hail marys....
It would be particularly funny if peter stringfellow was protesting outside.

Ahhhhh... if I ran the world.......

Lefty Frizzell said:
The only issue i have with stringfellows is stringfellow himself. Mr Stringfellow. His name makes my skin crawl for a start. Then, factor in his hair, his horrible persona and his hair and you get one really offensive knob.

down with these sort of people.

_889972_string.jpg

I know the restaurant manager in Stringfellows. In fact many of us do. He says "The String" is a sound lad. And I believe him.

"Strings" want the restaurant to be a classy sort of joint, a Shanahans on the Green type buzz. Unfortunately this is offset somewhat by the fact that there is a stage in the middle of the place where greased up ladies ,and occasionaly men, gyrate provocativly as you eat. Put you right off your roulade it would.

Brush said:
Its amazing what a bit of publicity will do. I think its funny that the protesters are probably generating more busness for stringfellow than they are turning the god-fearing folk of Ireland away from a bit of aul Boob & Minge watching

As they say over on cluas: “i think they're great - i cant understand alot of the bitching i've heard about them, its a terrible trait of the Irish that when someone starts to become successful we are so quick to begrudge them

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back