• Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 2

pad

Since 2000
Website
www.myspace.com
ok. so if i wanted to release some stuff. what would be the best way of doing it.
i have it all recorded on garageband, so should i:
a) re-record it all
b) get someone to re-mix it and master it
c) re-record the vocals and then do b) above
or
d) just shut the fuck up donnie.

and if someone could reccommend someone (not too expensive) to do any or all of the above things, that'd be deadly.

p.s. if i was to do b) above. would it be ridiculous or difficult to get someone to mix it straight from garageband or what should be done about that?

answers on a postcard.

love pat.

Get an engineer to listen to what you have recorded and make a call on it.

steve fanagan.. i will never stop recommending him..

well if you export each track from garageband.. and then mix it
with someone like above.. see what bits just have to recorded again and then do them.. like vocals..

then master it..

when it all happens it is very fulfilling and time consuming and tiring and frustrating but none the less it will b your record..

Steve Fanagan is indeed a gentleman and a fine musician/producer.

As for Garageband... it's a great little piece of software but it can only output as MP3's. You can import a GB session into Logic and then output it as a full quality AIFF.

Steve's the dude! He's always gotten the best out of whatever we've brought to him. Always open to different ideas and experiments too. Highly recommended!

also you can open garageband songs in logic, so if you find somebody with logic you can choose on a track by track basis on what you wanna keep or what you wanna re-track

garageband exports as aiff if you want it to, but if it normalises (it does when i use it) then effectively its compressing the mix. ideally you'd use a digital audio out from your computer to some sort of daw.

to be more specific, go to

preferences > advanced and turn off 'auto normalise'

and set the audio resolution below that to 'best'

this takes out the factory processnig

then when exporting to itunes dont click on compress

ok. so if i wanted to release some stuff. what would be the best way of doing it.
i have it all recorded on garageband, so should i:
a) re-record it all
b) get someone to re-mix it and master it
c) re-record the vocals and then do b) above
or
d) just shut the fuck up donnie.

and if someone could reccommend someone (not too expensive) to do any or all of the above things, that'd be deadly.

p.s. if i was to do b) above. would it be ridiculous or difficult to get someone to mix it straight from garageband or what should be done about that?

answers on a postcard.

love pat.

why assume that you 'have' to get it vocals re-recorded or remixed or anything? you don't mention having issues with the recordings so it's hard to give advice... lots of my favourite recordings aren't in anyway 'pro', unless you really want to why not just do it yrself?

why assume that you 'have' to get it vocals re-recorded or remixed or anything? you don't mention having issues with the recordings so it's hard to give advice... lots of my favourite recordings aren't in anyway 'pro', unless you really want to why not just do it yrself?

i'm not assuming anything, it's just that i'd like to have someone else have a wee listen and mix it properly. i just don't know enough about any of that jazz to know for sure one way or the other and i would hope that a good engineer would be able to bring another level to the recordings that i wouldn't be able to. that said, i too am a big fan of the whole lo-fi thing and would quite happily release something lo-fi, but just want to get a set of fresh ears on it to make sure i'm not going to make a tit of myself when i release it.
awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back