REKKIDS (1 Viewer)

Charlie Fett

Website
www.starwars.com
hello i am phill lynott lookalike and while i am not doing cabaret in the red cow inn carverie i'd like to know what records you have bought lately. don'tgive me your shopping list. tell me what you thought of them. your categories are:

MMMMMMMM CABARET

or

PHIL LYNOTT LOOKALIKE

Attachments

• phillo_mag.jpg
    phillo_mag.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 268
Ok so
in the last few months i have bought few due to cash-flow "issues" but here they are anyway:

req-sketchbook
DAT politics-plugs plus
keith jarrett-Koln concert
paul lansky-conversational pieces
autechre-chiastic slide

Ok so

req-sketchbook
minimalist hip-hop mixed with some nice little ambient numbers.i don't think it's for everybody though

DAT politics-plugs plus
crazy glitch and blips,lots of effects and a good sense of humour

i'm not big on jazz but this is one of my all time favourite records.performed live in koln in 77 i think.and i also heard it was ll improvised which,if true,is amazing

electronic noodling from one of the pioneers in the field.it's laid back,nothing disturbing or anything.uses distorted conversations as a kind of rythym on some tracks

autechre-chiastic slide
i shouldn't have to,and won't explain myself with this one

christ, i heard the best album ever last night. its a compilation on noodles, si begg's "Stupidest Recording Organisation in The World" outfit, called "the complete death of cool". god its bananas. fucking hell, i had been up all night and then my friend puts this on.

justa mish mash of everything, there were so many tracks on there that made me sit back and go "aw, i'm crap, i should just pack this music lark in immediately".

brilliant, but they only did like 900 copies. theres a part 2 as well.

yeah, theres a deep burial track on the first one as well, its all pretty neat. i heard rumors of some people bringing si begg over... you know anything about this binky mah man?

i'm not big on jazz but this is one of my all time favourite records.performed live in koln in 77 i think.and i also heard it was ll improvised which,if true,is amazing

yup, all improvised, afaik. i also think i remember reading somewhere that he had flu or something at the time and very nearly didn't do the gig.

i love the way you can hear him singing/shouting/grunting along to himself on certain bits of that record.

Originally posted by nine
req-sketchbook
DAT politics-plugs plus
autechre-chiastic slide

Jaaaysus, you quoted 5 and I never heard of any.... this hurts...!

I recently bought:

Dry & Heavy - One Punch
Great album of this Japanese (!!!!) Dub band (wonder if they have dread locks.... :) )

Corduroy - (Don't remember the title)
That's a cool and extremely groovy '70s funk band - highly recommended

Turn - In position EP
I love Turn but I really can't understand why they insist recording and playing this slow and depressing stuff when they have some kick ass .|..| tunes..........that's a shame... great drummer though.

Bob Marley
Got the ultimate 4 CDs collection. No comments, just stunning.

I got that Jimmy Beehan eepee. Listening to it in my kitchen....
thumbs up to Dublin's finest....

Frank Zappa's lumpy gravy has also made an apperance in my record collection... it's cool enough. I think it's like the Avalanches....

last couple of things i bought were the new albums of popular dublin "beat combos" the rednecks and goodtime john. both mighty good, i must say.

next purchases planned: new plaid ep, and more stevie wonder.

Originally posted by minka
last couple of things i bought were the new albums of popular dublin "beat combos" the rednecks and goodtime john. both mighty good, i must say.

next purchases planned: new plaid ep, and more stevie wonder.

What Wonder albums are you planning to get?

Lift to Experience is rockin' my Word at the mo. Wide screen Texas road movie soundtrack buzz.

Apparently when they were recording in Sun recently, they had ram skulls on top of their amps. .|..|

inspired by myself and osimono's tasteful hungover renditions of "i believe when i fall in love..." last weekend, i think i'm going to get me a copy of talking book. though i don't have music of my mind either. hmmm.

apparently the young stevie appeared in several surf b-movies. "hey, let's get a drink in the beach hut - oh look, it's little stevie! he's going to do a song!"

Originally posted by minka

inspired by myself and osimono's tasteful hungover renditions of "i believe when i fall in love..." last weekend, i think i'm going to get me a copy of talking book. though i don't have music of my mind either. hmmm.

apparently the young stevie appeared in several surf b-movies. "hey, let's get a drink in the beach hut - oh look, it's little stevie! he's going to do a song!"

Music of my mind is fairly cool.... my mate has Talking Book, but I haven't listened to it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back