REKKIDS (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by herv

i think they all had hand drawn covers, bleedin hippies.

:D Yeah probably... The one I got is named Erpland (?) and the art work is kind of a Master Of The Rings thing, you know, rainbows, trolls etc...

Anyhow, I want to see them live.... I don't know eat static, are they any good?

Originally posted by Alex

:D Yeah probably... The one I got is named Erpland (?) and the art work is kind of a Master Of The Rings thing, you know, rainbows, trolls etc...

Anyhow, I want to see them live.... I don't know eat static, are they any good?

eat static are two of the ozrics, they do electronic stuff, with a big space/ extraterrestrial influence.

i used to be well into them, and they were pretty cool at the time. have't heard much from them recently, although i'm pretty sure they're still going.

its not new and i didnt buy it ( thanks conor :p ) but the kid loco album called a grand love story is really yummy, always puts me in a good mood...

back to topic (how boring)

me is liking:

...and you will know us by the trail of dead - 'source tags and codes'. frantic, dark, melodic rock shtuff but the production sounds a bit too cleaned up. i still prefer the previous album 'madonna'. they are grrreat live.

stars of the lid - 'the tired sounds of the stars of the lid'. extremely laid back instrumental stuff with ambient guitars and floaty melodies. double cd - class. not miles away from windy & carl.

boards of canada - 'geogaddi'. i'm still liking this. ambient electronic beats and bleepery in the same vein as orbital's 'insides' and plaid's 'double figure'.

goodtime john - 'brought four ways out of town'. alt. country - niiice comfortable feel to it. faithful enough to the live performances. shame there's no don william's covers ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back