Rejected Records discog (2 Viewers)

whilst love jones has entered the fray he is probs one of the only people who ever heard when me and the big man used to do the DLR radio show on sunday nights. Meno played a Leatherface number from an album, totally forgot the name of the tune but grabbed the cd cover and mumbled 'er..that was Leatherface with ...er...Peanuts in Paris'. He'd obviously never listened too closely to the lyrics of 'peasant in paradise'...halcyon days...genius in its own bizarre way as usual with the man..

whilst love jones has entered the fray he is probs one of the only people who ever heard when me and the big man used to do the DLR radio show on sunday nights. Meno played a Leatherface number from an album, totally forgot the name of the tune but grabbed the cd cover and mumbled 'er..that was Leatherface with ...er...Peanuts in Paris'. He'd obviously never listened too closely to the lyrics of 'peasant in paradise'...halcyon days...genius in its own bizarre way as usual with the man..

whens the killercrust boot discog out so????

I used to listen to it when I was a wee lad!
When was it, 94/95/96?
No idea you were involved too Tommy!
Mad!

as so onas i find the time to figure out how to digitise cassettes to a decent qulaity. probably only me, gary knifre and dave lacey would have the material and we are all semi-literate IT wise AFAIK. would love to get it all hosted somewhere. Mero did want to do it but we never could get it together...

I used to listen to it when I was a wee lad!
When was it, 94/95/96?
No idea you were involved too Tommy!
Mad!
did a forthnightly type share of the show with Mero c.94/95, used to do a ridiculous saturday late night stoner show with me mates from out there around the same time. DLR was great crack-the most together pirate station ever, the Daly family are a great bunch of people (whose gaff the station was run from)
edit-have a few of our radio shows on cassette too that might be good to digitise as relics. I used to swap shows on cassette with Erwin from Bad Influence on casette and I would broadcast his show from Antwerp on DLR and he would do the same with our show in Belgiium-all seems so primitive now and that was only 12-14 years ago!

as so onas i find the time to figure out how to digitise cassettes to a decent qulaity. probably only me, gary knifre and dave lacey would have the material and we are all semi-literate IT wise AFAIK. would love to get it all hosted somewhere. Mero did want to do it but we never could get it together...

I have the demo and the split 7",was there anything else?

i did that show a few times with him aswell. i used to get tapes sent in from some death metallers of satanic rituals with a bit of music on them that were a bit bizarre

edit: i got given a killercrust 7" recently

there was a demo before that in Feb 87-more noisecore/bizarre stuff recorded to 2 track in a proper studio in dun laoghaire with Lacey playing guitar on it- faster, but less hardcore than the 'make mine crusty' stuff. I played bass at that stage and played guitar on the other stuff...

I'd like to hear that some time.
it's worth hearing 17 songs/25 minutes recorded in less than an hour on piezo mics-the quality is great in hindsight-your man out of fear of god in switzerland wanted to put it out at the time but it came to nought as we thought we had 'moved on' by the time he expressed an interest.. was gonna be on the rejected discography (that we never got round to doing to get us back ontopic...)

it's worth hearing 17 songs/25 minutes recorded in less than an hour on piezo mics-the quality is great in hindsight-your man out of fear of god in switzerland wanted to put it out at the time but it came to nought as we thought we had 'moved on' by the time he expressed an interest.. was gonna be on the rejected discography (that we never got round to doing to get us back ontopic...)
Off The Disk? So you would have been on the same lable as Sleep and Siege?

only saw them once with dogshit sandwich upstairs in frazers in 2000 I think, still have about 4 copies of that bloody mutants / noise pollution split as mero seemed to give them out like cups of tea.

Does anyone else have that THE GOOD LADS 7" "Beer & Sex & Chips &b Curry" it was a Macc Lads rip off pretty much 7" (lovely white vinyl) that the lads from the Bloody Mutants did. Just after putting it on for a spin, fuckin deadly, I could rip it from the 7" if anyone is interested.

No Pride Records, whatever happened to them? Used to write to yer man who ran it? Used to have quite decent distro.

I'd be well into hearing that man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back