Record Store Day 2015 (1 Viewer)

Yeah it is only the limitation that let's people resell it for extortionary prices it would make sense to do a repress or a much larger run in the first place

Wasn't Record Store Day meant to be an initiative to get people away from the internet and shopping in physical independent record shops ?
It's become this marketing ploy for re-releasing old stuff from huge labels at stupid prices.

bah

Wasn't Record Store Day meant to be an initiative to get people away from the internet and shopping in physical independent record shops ?
It's become this marketing ploy for re-releasing old stuff from huge labels at stupid prices.

bah
yep, correct and correct

but, to be fair, it has done exactly that. I was in Tower at 9:30am on saturday morning. At that time there were more people there than when I was there on my last 5 visits combined (granted I go in early usually). There was a long queue at the til, and most people were bringing up armloads of stuff to buy.

I would guess that Tower did well out of this in terms of the revenue they took in and from that point of view RSD was a success. Its just the pricks that go and ruin it for everyone by trying to make a quick buck on it afterwards.

Has Tower moved? I walked by whre I thoguht it was twice and I couldn't find it

The Secret Book and Record Store/Freebird is the only I reason I go to that street

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back