Record Store Day 2015 (2 Viewers)

went looking for the bedhead live l.p. - couldn't find it in freebird, tower or spindizzy.

saw the james yorkston c.r.a.w.s. demos l.p. in tower for thirty-three quid [stet]... the great rock and roll swindle, more like.

bought two non-r.s.d. l.p.s with my birthday money and a few books for the kids in the secret book shop.

saw the james yorkston c.r.a.w.s. demos l.p. in tower for thirty-three quid [stet]... the great rock and roll swindle, more like.

saw that too, after him tweeting about it this morning. Very disappointing.

There was a midlake live LP for 33 quid that had 4 songs on it. 4 fucking songs for 33 quid.

Got everything I was looking for apart from the Shogun Assassin reissue and the CInevox boxset with Morricone, Goblin and Cipriani 7"s. Way more laid back than last year. Miss Elastic Witch a lot though

What were the prices like for things in town? There's a few things I wouldn't mind but I'm guessing they're either long gone or super expensive. The thing where 7"s are €10 in Tower in particular is completely ridiculious.

I will say the sale they were having during the week was pretty good, picked up a bunch of new pressings/releases for decent prices. Just hoping they realise that's the level of pricing they need to keep going. It was only on LP's though, all the 7"s were the same price.

What did you pick up today Gary? Were they pricey?

What did you pick up today Gary? Were they pricey?

It's all in the recent purchase thread.

I find the prices of records are all over the place in general these days. So the prices of rsd stuff probably wasn't too far away from that. I was definitely expecting some to be pricier.

The 7"s are always what seems the most pricey to me.

What ever happened about that pressing plant that was supposed to open here a year or two back?

If it's the place I think you're thinking of then it's not a proper plant, it was a hand cut record place in the midlands. Not sure if they do it anymore, they seem to have moved toward just mastering and a few dubplates.

https://twitter.com/chrmastering

There were two things I wanted and no one seemed to have them, either they were sold or they didn't order them. S'grand though, 15-18 quid for a 7", fuck off.

I instead bought a second hand prince album, hurrah!

What ever happened about that pressing plant that was supposed to open here a year or two back?

If it's the place I think you're thinking of then it's not a proper plant, it was a hand cut record place in the midlands. Not sure if they do it anymore, they seem to have moved toward just mastering and a few dubplates.

https://twitter.com/chrmastering

The pressing plant that was supposed to open is the one owned by Aidan Foley linked above. CHR was involved in some way at some point but not any more.

I couldn't find any RSD releases but I bought a few CDs and a few albums. Both stores I visited were having closing down sales

Oh , the irony

the only record I wanted was the Lovely Eggs album but i couldn't be arsed going searching for it.

anyway I just bought it as they just put it up for sale on their website after seeing that someone paid £42 for it on eBay. this is surely an outrageous contravention of the rules and spirit of RSD.

the only record I wanted was the Lovely Eggs album but i couldn't be arsed going searching for it.

Couldn't find it in Dublin either. It doesn't seem the kind of thing someone would be in at 8AM for but who knows. I just assumed no one ordered it to Dublin shops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back