Record Storage (1 Viewer)

yup!
they're going through the planning stages now so barring any major hiccups they should be opening relatively soon.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Ballymun?

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Ballymun?
we can call it Santry Cross if you prefer.

Or you could say "Exit 6 of the M50", just like like BMW dealership Joe Duffy Motors whose address is not North Road, Finglas (which you might assume from their physical location), but is in fact "Exit 5 of the M50".

incidentally, joe duffy motors (in finglas) sold more bmw's in the most recent quarter than any other european BMW dealership....

hopefully there'll be a few crushings.

c0De_n1NjA said:
i can't wait to riot at the opening of the new ikea. First riot, then buy some nice cushions.

c0De_n1NjA said:
i can't wait to riot at the opening of the new ikea. First riot, then buy some nice cushions.

Indeed.

I have cousins from Edmonton in London. One of them was telling me recently about the night IKEA opened in Edmonton. It was a midnight opening. They had no barriers to force people into a queue. Thousands upon thousands showed up, all in a big mass outisde the store. The carpark (if there was one at that stage) coulnd't cope and the adjacent road network began to get choked up (at midnight!). It got to the stage where people started to abandon their cars on the nearby motorways and began walking to the store so they wouldn't be late.

They opened the doors, and the looting began.

Deadly buzz, by all accounts.

it's looking like this:

manto.jpg

but the smaller one...only 3 levels. should be alright..if i'm rough maths is good

oh rough maths...oh, slap me professor

that's a good one. We had the smaller version of it before, and now Gary has it, it's good n strong.

GORILLAMUNCH said:
it's looking like this:

manto.jpg

but the smaller one...only 3 levels. should be alright..if i'm rough maths is good

oh rough maths...oh, slap me professor

nlgbbbblth said:
I bought a few standalone shelving units in Atlantic around six years ago after I got tired of having records all over the floor.

They're easy to assemble and very sturdy. Each shelf holds approx 160 LPs/12"s and there's four shelves per unit.

You'll need to take off any plastic sleeves though. Otherwise you'll be driven crazy.

is that because when you put a record back into its proper place the plastic sleeves get left behind flapping around and obscuring your view of the spines? i have discovered that inserting the inner cardboard sleeve into the plastic one so that the opening of the plastic sleve faces upwards and the opening of the cardboard sleeve faces the back of the shelf almost completely eradicates this problem. the spines are still viewable and they are still protected.

Miss Piggy said:
is that because when you put a record back into its proper place the plastic sleeves get left behind flapping around and obscuring your view of the spines? i have discovered that inserting the inner cardboard sleeve into the plastic one so that the opening of the plastic sleve faces upwards and the opening of the cardboard sleeve faces the back of the shelf almost completely eradicates this problem. the spines are still viewable and they are still protected.

That was it exactly

good tip!

although I offloaded loads of plastic sleeves to a mate when I moved house. Don't have many left now :mad:

Any new suggestions on this front?
Ideally you'd get 12 1/2" stackable wooden cubes with an open side that you could use spine style or bin style but where would a larrier search for such an item? Or could you get them made? Any carpenters on thumped?

The yoke we got from habitat is doin the trick:

You'd think though, that there were something wrong with it. The bane of my life seems to find logic in lying many many records on their side on top of the shelves....

Buiochas Said item is a little wide for my quarters but I may roll in there see what else is to be had. Second time ever in Habitat for the Dixer.

Got a load of "folding boxes" on Lidl today for 2.99 each. The smaller ones are great for 7"s and they are stackable. The bigger ones are wide enough for lp's but not high enough to stack,I dunno how well they would hold the weight of lp's either. The fact they are red or blue plastic doesn't bother me.
I'm going back tomorrow for a load more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back