Record Storage (2 Viewers)

I got some of the small ones for 7"s and the biggest ones (4.99 each) for 12"s. Feels like the big ones will hold the weight but yeah they are unstackable.

was just thinking how much better the plastic sleeves protect the vinyl than the paper sleeves. any ideas why that didnt take off? costly? not environmentally friendly?

really like the rounded sleeves too.

I actually prefer the paper ones(inner bags I presume you're talking about?) The plastic ones always fold and crease no matter how careful I am. Especially in a tight fitting sleeve. But yeah,it was more than likely expense.

20 fuckin' boxes it took to sort my 7"s. I need to cull.

Bought a shelf unit in Woodies today. Put it together but still some shuffling to do. Pretty sturdy. I'm almost there. I can now move in the room my records are kept in.

Standalone,or in my case,stand on top of the other shelf unit. I turned it sideways to hold a bit more,I counted what one "box" in it holds and reckon it's got about 900 lp's

I modified it slightly by adding little bands of wood along the back to stop the records pushing right through. I wish I'd done it on the other unit.

Cost 130 euro plus a few quid more for the wood along the back.

I've wanted an expedit from Ikea forever but I got fed up waiting. July is too long away when most of my records have been in boxes since last july. I'd say what I got would give the ikea one a run for it's money. Also,I'm beginning to like the idea of different shelves fitted together. If I ever move again it'll be easier.

Back in Woodies today and noticed the shelf unit was now 80euro,bastards!!! Luckily,I had the receipt with me and they refunded the difference.

Here's a pic of the one I got,it's the one on top. Almost have the room
Amy006-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back