Recommend me a game for the Xbox (1 Viewer)

Beanstalk

Website
www.myspace.com
Can anyone recommend me a good game for the Xbox?

I'm not really a hardcore gamer, used to play a few games on the PC like Hitman, Splinter Cell and Medal of Honour. Got an Xbox as a present a while back and have made my way through Tombraider Underworld and Resident Evil 4, both of which I really enjoyed.

It came with Gears of War which I can't warm to...just seems like constant machine gunning...I know Resident evil and Medal of Honour are shoot-em ups too, but they didn't seem as frantic and pointless as GOW. I like time to breathe and have a look around. I like the look of Call of Duty but afraid it might be too much like GOW. Oh yeah, I have no interscope at home so can't partake in any online multiplayer hijinks.

I got Fallout 3 recently, but finding it hard to get into it...I love the massive scope of the game, but the combat is clunky, and I find it boring wandering around chatting to folk....maybe I need to give it more time.

My favourite games are the Splinter Cell series, so is there any games similar to that? New one out in September so looking forward to that.

Call of Duty 4 is hard to beat but i find it a bit 'methodical' i.e. just keep shooting baddies from a safe place til they're all gone. Maybe I should turn up the difficulty.

One war game that i did like was Band of Brothers, Hells Highway. It's WW2 but the difference is you direct a platoon or soldiers. You can have them attack certain positions, fall back etc, I found it needs a bit more strategy. I scratched mine to the point of fucking it up.

Call of Duty 4 is hard to beat but i find it a bit 'methodical' i.e. just keep shooting baddies from a safe place til they're all gone.

Sounds better to me than relentless carnage...I'm all about the sneaky stealth games.

One war game that i did like was Band of Brothers, Hells Highway. It's WW2 but the difference is you direct a platoon or soldiers. You can have them attack certain positions, fall back etc, I found it needs a bit more strategy. I scratched mine to the point of fucking it up.

Hmmm...tried something similar on the PC before, can't remember the name of it...wasn't gone on it...was like a game of chess.

I notice Max Payne 3 out later this year. .|..|

grab Crackdown if you see it going cheap second hand
GTAIV
Left 4 Dead
get Geometry Wars off the Live arcade

Deffo GTA4, a lot of people didn't like Far Cry 2 but I thought it was great... Dead Space was fairly decent too.... it's quite scary jumpy stuff, in space, if you liked Resident Evil 4 you'd probably like that-

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Got this on Friday at a knockdown 2nd hand price...loving it...perfect game for me! .|..|

Crackdown
GTAIV

Crackdown
GTAIV
Left 4 Dead
Geometry Wars off the Live arcade

Mass Effect

Far Cry 2
Dead Space

Cheers for all the recommendations, will have a good look into them on youtube once I finish Bioshock. Played GTA3 before and wasn't crazy about it...Not mad into driving games anyway, although I know there's more to GTA than driving. I'm told you need to be hooked up to the internerd for Left4Dead to get the most out of it. I like the look of Dead Space - could be next on my list, looks scary.

Deadspace was the last non-sports game I played to death and I thought it was really great. Well worth picking up. If you've got surround sound, you'll need a spare pair of pants though.

Been a while since there's been a really classic game.
Anything coming out soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back