recession food and booze deals (1 Viewer)

At the Fairview Grill you can get this Fairview Special thing which gives you 2 burger steaks, a pile of chips, and beans or peas or something for about 9 euro. That's enough for 2 people to eat and still have loads of cash left over for their nice desserts. The place is pretty grim, but what the hell.

Holland and Barrett are having a buy any two items, get the cheapest at half price sale. Apart from all the vitamins, supplements etc, they also sell big bags of muesli, fruit, seeds AND... Green & Black chocolate!

The deal works best if you are silly enough to buy Manuka honey and the like... (which I sometimes am)

Fucking bottles of Spanish wine €4 in Tesco.

I picked up a liter carton of same for €4.99.Gonna drink it now,will report back soon.

Also got 2 pre-braised steaks for €4.Can't be bad.

Get in there!

Gazzer, have you tried the pear cider in aldi, any use? Bottle looks pretty which is normally enough for me.

Yeah Riath,its tasty.

This wine is'nt half bad!

Its an inoffensive little number.Its not got much flavour but what flavour there is,is fruity and not over sweet and is in no way astringent which is usually expected of a plonk coming in at this price point..At 11% abv. its perfect for a Wednesday night tipple with the fact that its a litre carton acting as a little insurance against running out too soon before bedtime.

Recommended.

Yeah Riath,its tasty.

This wine is'nt half bad!

Its an inoffensive little number.Its not got much flavour but what flavour there is,is fruity and not over sweet and is in no way astringent which is usually expected of a plonk coming in at this price point..At 11% abv. its perfect for a Wednesday night tipple with the fact that its a litre carton acting as a little insurance against running out too soon before bedtime.

Recommended.

Excellent, thanks Gazzer.

in other tesco news, my local (ballybrack) no longer stocks kiss ciders. I think there is someone in the offy employed to break the news gently to absolute wagons like myself who drink it

Yeah, they stopped doing it in Maynooth too. Gutted!

I'd only recently found my age card (I'm 25), but they never served me, I used to have to send my 18 year old bro' in to buy it for me.

Picked up one of the €2 Chicago Town pizza's from Dunnes on Georges St last night. I'll go as far as saying it's the best frozen pizza I've ever tasted, even allowing for the fact that I was ravenous at the time. Deal.

Bon Espresso are doing a 4 Euro for any sandwich and anycoffee/soup.
Went into the one on Mount street last week and got a sandwich and asked for a large cappucino.
-They told me it was only regular size coffees.
-I said that it said 'any'
-They said it was only regular coffees again,
-I said it said 'any' again.

Next thing you know the manager stormed up to me and said 'Come on it's 4 Euro' in a vain attempt to make an American feel ashamed to be asking for what it quite clearly advertised. (We love taking stuff literally). I was not impressed that she tried to embarass me in front of the rest of the people in the shop. The staff were all in shockingly bad moods including the manager who sat out front smoking fags and glaring at passers-by. I would not darken their door again.

I used to go to that one when I worked on Mount Street, they were always horribly grumpy and just plain rude. So I just started walking over to Baggot St. to Cafe Sol, where at least you got a smile out of them!

Bon Espresso are doing a 4 Euro for any sandwich and anycoffee/soup.
Went into the one on Mount street last week and got a sandwich and asked for a large cappucino.
-They told me it was only regular size coffees.
-I said that it said 'any'
-They said it was only regular coffees again,
-I said it said 'any' again.

Next thing you know the manager stormed up to me and said 'Come on it's 4 Euro' in a vain attempt to make an American feel ashamed to be asking for what it quite clearly advertised. (We love taking stuff literally). I was not impressed that she tried to embarass me in front of the rest of the people in the shop. The staff were all in shockingly bad moods including the manager who sat out front smoking fags and glaring at passers-by. I would not darken their door again.

Did you get the large coffee?

Picked up one of the €2 Chicago Town pizza's from Dunnes on Georges St last night. I'll go as far as saying it's the best frozen pizza I've ever tasted, even allowing for the fact that I was ravenous at the time. Deal.
wurrrrrmmmphh

Paesanos Pizza in Lucan (beside Roma take-away in the village) is doing a 12" pizza with any two toppings for A FIVER! Got a pepperoni and mushroom last night, tipped a load of sweetcorn and pineapple on it when I got home. Delish

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back