Recently Purchased (9 Viewers)

dang!

I've been hhhhmmmm and hhhaaawwwing about buying it for ages and then just did, it's the bubbling computer loops that are doing my head in... but the sing is nice, best thing on it, where would I find "Summer Wanderer"?

soulseek probably. i think he only made about 20 cdr copies. volcanic tongue might have it either but i wouldnt buy it form them. have you got Airs of the Ear or Sapphie? i love those

soulseek probably. i think he only made about 20 cdr copies. volcanic tongue might have it either but i wouldnt buy it form them. have you got Airs of the Ear or Sapphie? i love those

nah it's the only Richard Youngs I got

I saw him on the Damon, Naomi and Michio Kurihara DVD and thougth he was alright and then you read so much about him here and there...

the other stuff much different?

I saw him on the Damon, Naomi and Michio Kurihara DVD and thougth he was alright and then you read so much about him here and there...

everything i've heard has been really different. I'm a big fan of Advent.

well he has loads and loads of stuff... of varying quality

sapphie and may are straightforward acoustic guitar and voice songs (sapphie is deadly, may isnt really), new angloid sound has songs too - i think he improvised them all as he was recording them - its deadly, it has acoustic guitar, vocals and lots of kazoo, i think its his own favorite. ive been asked to turn it off. making paper has two long and one short piano and voice songs, advent is piano two i think. festival is an interesting one - electronics and loops and stuff with bits of singing. Ilk - his prog duo with andrew paine - have two good albums, and he has millions of collaborations with different people... "asthma and Diabetes" with simon wickham smith and "Durian Durian" by Neil, Richard, Simon and Stewart are deadly...

unggggh - you'd be here all day...

Why wouldn't you buy from Volcanic Tongue?

Picked up recently:

Towers - S/T (LP, Electric Human Project/React With Protest etc)
Towers/U.S Funk Team - Split 7"
The Spirit Of Versailles/In Line For Halos - Split 7"
Cease Upon The Capital - S/T (Cassette)
Cease Upon The Capital - Single Series 7"
Oi Polloi - Total Anarchoi (picture LP)

everything i've heard has been really different. I'm a big fan of Advent.

That's my favourite by him as well.

I like The Naive Shaman, but it's my least favourite of the ones I have. Airs of the Ear and May are better, in my opinion (the latter has the great song "Bloom of All").

See him live, though, if you get a chance: I was totally enthralled by him at December's ATP.

I was in the US for a couple of weeks recently, and while hanging out with Mr. and Mrs. Boigaz in San Francisco, trips to Aquarius, Amoeba and Rasputin's resulted in these:

AGF, Head Slash Bauch
I normally wouldn't be much of a fan of poetry, but I like AGF's musings and mutterings quite a bit. Better than her Laub stuff, but this one's not nearly as good as Westernization Completed (the only other of her solo records I have).
Greater than One, Kill the Pedagogue
A rerelease of a cassette they put out in the '80s. Monolithic industrial beats (and I mean that as a compliment).
Robert Henke, Layering Buddha
Mr. Monolake gets his hands on several Buddha Machines and processes the crap out of them. Cool: it ist dubby und skratchy (hi Herv!)
Kemet Crew, Champion Jungle Sound
Been after this for a few years. The first track is crap, but the rest of it is pretty great '95-era jungle.
Mouse on Mars, Diskdusk
An EP. It's MoM, so it's great.
My Cat Is an Alien, Leave Me in the Black No-Thing
Two longish tracks from the Brothers Opalio. Considering how much I enjoyed their gig at December's ATP, slightly disappointing. A bit monotonous.
Nurse with Wound, Salt Marie Celeste
Considering I'm a fairly big NwW fan, it took me long enough to get this. One long, throbbing 60-minute track. Very nice, if not exactly his/their best.
Omni Trio, Music for the Next Millenium
The US version of The Deepest Cut, basically. There's a lot of overlap between the two, but enough of a difference to justify getting it second-hand. Plus, you can never have too much Rob Haigh.
Various, Document 03: Diffuse
A compilation of Australian electroacoustic/lowercase/electronica/ambient stuff. Quite nice, actually.
Various, Haunted Weather
A David Toop-compiled compilation of, well, electroacoustic/lowercase/electronica/ambient stuff. (Do you sense a trend here?)
Volcano the Bear, The One Burned Ma
The usual abstract psychedelic nuttiness from the band. Highly enjoyable.
Ami Yoshida/Christof Kurzmann, Aso
I really like Ami Yoshida. There's something about the way she squeaks and growls that I find really cool. (Maja Ratkje with the volume turned way down, maybe.) Not sure exactly what she or Kurzmann does on this one, though, as it's hard to distinguish between her vocalisations and his electronic glitches. Nice, though.

Not listened to yet:
Deathprod, Morals and Dogma
Jazkamer, Metal Music Machine
Sleater-Kinney, One Beat
Vibracathedral Orchestra, The Queen of Guess

Nine Shocks Terror-clevo fuck shit up core never die tape
War All The Time/Whole In The Head-split 7"
Signal Lost-you'll never get us down again 7"
Farewell To Arms-a watered down version of everything 7"
Oi Polloi-mind the bollocks 7"
Oi Polloi-carson? 7"
Tropiczo/Outraged-split 7"
Ultimo Preso Disease-7"
v/a-roc na gaidhlig 2007 rac na gaelige 7"
Atomgevitter-live cdr
Filthpact/Atomgevitter-split lp
Oi polloi-total resistance to the fucking system lp
Oi Polloi-ar ceol ar canan ar a mach cd
Rabies/Disturbance Project-split 7"

The Black Crowes-freak 'n' roll...into the fog dvd
New York Dolls-one day it will please us to remember even this cd/dvd
ZZ Top-XXX cd

Deadly sale at Deep Discount DVD

356_box_348x490.jpg

167_box_348x490.jpg

B000H5U5TY.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

plus

B000B8TO9Y.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B000KJTG6K.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B000KQF70W.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Nurse with Wound, Salt Marie Celeste
Considering I'm a fairly big NwW fan, it took me long enough to get this. One long, throbbing 60-minute track. Very nice, if not exactly his/their best.

give it time. it didnt do much for me the first time i heard it, but now i consider it one of nww's finest moments. i find listening to it extremely loud, lying down in total darkness late at night the best way to listen to it, personally. the "soundpooling" album contains an extremely intense, dense and radically different live version of this piece, which is also wonderful.

Volcano the Bear, The One Burned Ma
The usual abstract psychedelic nuttiness from the band. Highly enjoyable.

have you heard "classic erasmus fusion"? i think thats by far the best album VTB have done.

give it time. it didnt do much for me the first time i heard it, but now i consider it one of nww's finest moments. i find listening to it extremely loud, lying down in total darkness late at night the best way to listen to it, personally. the "soundpooling" album contains an extremely intense, dense and radically different live version of this piece, which is also wonderful.
i'd also rate it as one of my favourite nww records. probably the one i listen to the most anyway. they closed the recent london show with a (fairly faithful) version of it. completely hypnotic live ... i thought i was gonna get sea sick at one stage

just got an order of stuff delivered from dual plover recently ...

on - on
vic trigger band - electronic wizard
mad dog - 617
daisuke suzuki & brendan walls - aftertaste
jad fair & r. stevie moore - fairmoore
defektro - destructive reconstruction
der brief - volum
life partners - partners forever
cm ensemble - love central
lost domain - palace
noise ramones - rocket to dna
bild quilt dvd (visuals: lori felker; music: carlos giffoni, leslie keffer, weasel walter, c spencer yeh, and loads more)

and this was bought for me ...
B00005QD75.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

which stands as the most amazing thing anyone, including santa claws, has ever gotten for me .|..|

just got an order of stuff delivered from dual plover recently ...

on - on
vic trigger band - electronic wizard
mad dog - 617
daisuke suzuki & brendan walls - aftertaste
jad fair & r. stevie moore - fairmoore
defektro - destructive reconstruction
der brief - volum
life partners - partners forever
cm ensemble - love central
lost domain - palace
noise ramones - rocket to dna
bild quilt dvd (visuals: lori felker; music: carlos giffoni, leslie keffer, weasel walter, c spencer yeh, and loads more)

By extreme coincidence, I also got a blast of stuff from them, far too much to go listing out.
That 50+ CDs for $2.50 AUD each is a savage offer.

i'd also rate it as one of my favourite nww records. probably the one i listen to the most anyway. they closed the recent london show with a (fairly faithful) version of it. completely hypnotic live ... i thought i was gonna get sea sick at one stage

aye, i have a recording of that london gig, the way SMC comes in is magical. that album is up there along with "soliloquy", "spiral insana", "homotopy to marie", "an awkward pause", "thunder perfect mind" and "angry eelectric finger" in terms of greatest NWW albums.

Trencher - Lips lp (wow!)
Ministry cd i can't remember the title
Pentagram - Something Daze or something..2cd collection thats quite deadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back