Recently Purchased (3 Viewers)

not exactly purchased but my uncle pretty much gave me his record collection

good few lps and dozens of 7 inches (all unsleeved, but awesome - last played 'speedking')

there is one ridic rarity of a record in the lps, which i can't keep
it's not mint but it plays fine...goes for over 2 grand sometimes

i'm gonna offer to try and price some of these and let him decide what to do with em. i'm sure i fucked up a lot of the 7 inches when i was a kid. that'll learn me!

Ho! Ho! your hands are on the chalice now, man!

oh yeah, as always

we're not worthy...

Visions Of Change-visions of change lp
Dr And The Crippens-raphanadosis lp
Bazzy & The Budgies/Rectify-split lp
Broken bones-foad lp
Toxik Ephex-the adventures of nobby porthole the cock of the north lp
Anhrefn/Last Rough Cause-split lp
Stress-jail the corrupt politician 7"
Pleasant Valley Children-what the world needs now 7"
Disorder-kamikaze 7"
The Destructos-self destruct 7"
Toxik Ephex/Shrapnel-split 7"
Toxik Ephex-civilised 7"
The Vectors-rape the pope 7"
v/a-the unspeakable oath flexi
The Dangerfields-born to rock cd
Heimatloss-la seconde necessaire 1983-1988 2xcd
Holy Fuckin Shit-demo cdr
Face Up To It-demo cdr

Looks like a list of bands that just got out of prison!

And they've not been reformed...

Ho! Ho! your hands are on the chalice now, man!

oh yeah, as always

we're not worthy...

melloss5009181397580900.jpg

i'm gonna price it for him and give it back and let him decide what to do with it...great album too!

not exactly purchased but my uncle pretty much gave me his record collection

good few lps and dozens of 7 inches (all unsleeved, but awesome - last played 'speedking')

there is one ridic rarity of a record in the lps, which i can't keep
it's not mint but it plays fine...goes for over 2 grand sometimes

i'm gonna offer to try and price some of these and let him decide what to do with em. i'm sure i fucked up a lot of the 7 inches when i was a kid. that'll learn me!
More info.

it's definitely not mint
there's a scratch but i think it's removeable dirt
the cover isnt as bad as i thought - small tear where the price tag came off, spine is pretty ok and most of the visible wear was on the plastic dust jacket

spoke to t'uncle as well - he was pretty amused by it. he went to see them at that wexford festival in 71 or whatever. he told me to keep it but i said i couldn't really. then he offered to split the money but i said i wouldn't be into that cos i couldn't be a part of selling that kind of thing...but it's his to sell!
so i'm gonna get a price on it...i very much doubt it'd go for 2800 or whatevs but we'll see what happens. only listened to it twice. it's not as good as liege and leaf. ha.

it's definitely not mint
there's a scratch but i think it's removeable dirt
the cover isnt as bad as i thought - small tear where the price tag came off, spine is pretty ok and most of the visible wear was on the plastic dust jacket

spoke to t'uncle as well - he was pretty amused by it. he went to see them at that wexford festival in 71 or whatever. he told me to keep it but i said i couldn't really. then he offered to split the money but i said i wouldn't be into that cos i couldn't be a part of selling that kind of thing...but it's his to sell!
so i'm gonna get a price on it...i very much doubt it'd go for 2800 or whatevs but we'll see what happens. only listened to it twice. it's not as good as liege and leaf. ha.

it's patchy but there's a couple of great tracks on it. certainly it's worthy to be filed alongside Glass Houses.And Liege & Lief isn't as good as Full House, geezer.

right record collector nerds - i'm trying to track down an album released by my uncle (the one that was singing in The Rocky Road To Dublin) & his brothers about 30 or 40 years ago. It's called [SIZE=-1]The McKenna Brothers: Live at O'Donoghues & apparently was on Marble Arch records, catalogue number [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]MALS-1419 (this much i've learned from the internet although i'm convinced it was late 60's rather than early 70's)

So can anyone recommend any olden records sites what might have that sort of thing? Yes, I've tried eBay.
[/SIZE]

it's patchy but there's a couple of great tracks on it. certainly it's worthy to be filed alongside Glass Houses.And Liege & Lief isn't as good as Full House, geezer.

you're not as good as anything lacey
why do you never call around anymore?

now playing:

agnesenglish.jpg

feat: judy in disguise!

did you pick it up?

i've been babbling about going through my uncles records for an age now - i was coming up with schemes and stuff....anyway - pay dirt. the 7 inches are great too. we can't find 'i don't know why i love you' (stevie wonder, probably the only song of his i genuinely adore) and 'friday on my mind'...i think we left a small pile of 7 inches behind

right record collector nerds - i'm trying to track down an album released by my uncle (the one that was singing in The Rocky Road To Dublin) & his brothers about 30 or 40 years ago. It's called [SIZE=-1]The McKenna Brothers: Live at O'Donoghues & apparently was on Marble Arch records, catalogue number [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]MALS-1419 (this much i've learned from the internet although i'm convinced it was late 60's rather than early 70's)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]So can anyone recommend any olden records sites what might have that sort of thing? Yes, I've tried eBay.[/SIZE]
What type of music?

did you pick it up?

i've been babbling about going through my uncles records for an age now - i was coming up with schemes and stuff....anyway - pay dirt. the 7 inches are great too. we can't find 'i don't know why i love you' (stevie wonder, probably the only song of his i genuinely adore) and 'friday on my mind'...i think we left a small pile of 7 inches behind

how many records did you get?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back