Recently Purchased (1 Viewer)

package from Finders Keepers

Bunch of reissues

Records27May034.jpg

Erkin Koray - Erkin Koray LP
Erkin Koray - Tutkusu LP
Fresh Maggots - S/T LP
Forever Amber - The Love Cycle LP

about 6 months buying power for the originals, great records mind. love the Fresh Maggots LP one of those great lost records

how's the Well Hung comp? have about 1/3 of the tracks already, all the Hungarian stuff is great, pop up really really cheap. worth getting?

about 6 months buying power for the originals, great records mind. love the Fresh Maggots LP one of those great lost records

how's the Well Hung comp? have about 1/3 of the tracks already, all the Hungarian stuff is great, pop up really really cheap. worth getting?

The sound on the first Erkin Koray isn't wonderful. My sister was in Turkey earlier this month but couldn't find any originals for me - although there seemed to be a serious lack of decent second hand shops where she was.

Did / are you heading over there soon?

Well Hung is pretty good but it's only got one listen so far. Don't have the tracklist to hand but the opening tracks on sides 1 and 2 and the two closers on sides 3 and 4 are memorable.

There's a new B Music comp in the works - along the lines of Cross Continental Road Trip.

The Fresh Maggots is deadly.

The sound on the first Erkin Koray isn't wonderful. My sister was in Turkey earlier this month but couldn't find any originals for me - although there seemed to be a serious lack of decent second hand shops where she was.

Did / are you heading over there soon?

Well Hung is pretty good but it's only got one listen so far. Don't have the tracklist to hand but the opening tracks on sides 1 and 2 and the two closers on sides 3 and 4 are memorable.

There's a new B Music comp in the works - along the lines of Cross Continental Road Trip.

The Fresh Maggots is deadly.

by all accounts there in one location, can sort you out next time. the first one is a collection of singles. i've picked up a few singles at this stage, mostly all under 5eu. the LPs go for crazy money. i'd like to get the TRT ones but they go for 3-500+. plus you got to remember that 70% of the vinyl was melted. and i've also heard that you need to know somebody when over there, if your to get the good stuff.

heard about the new comp. sent them some photos, you never know might see your head in there :)
looking forward to hearing John Hill and escpecially Dracula's Music Cabinet

th_00-bubblyfish-peripheral_v.1.2.2-cdr-2006-outside.jpg

Bubblyfish - Peripheral v1.2.1

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYFPa93xWIc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYFPa93xWIc[/ame]

Ssss'okay. A bit too ambient in parts .....needs more tunes

Managed to get into Dublin this morning. Weather: mostly dry.
Got the following.

Records27May055.jpg

Roy Budd - A Concerto For Harry LP
Gathers up tracks from a variety of films. Decent interpretation of JC Superstar while The Carey Treatment is pretty stirring.

Paul Kantner- Sunfighter LP
Floppy as hell but includes the booklet. With Grace Slick. Expansive SF acid harmonies and a seriously decent support cast that includes Garcia, Crosby and Nash. The track Diana reeks with a lament for lost times. I'd also recommend Blows Against The Empire.

O.C. Smith - At Home LP
Warm soul with some brilliant arrangements. Love Daddy's Little Man - nicely ties in with back sleeve.

Richie Havens - Mixed Bag LP
A record I've heard lots of good things about. Needle dropped in the shop and was impressed. Have played I Can't Take It Anymore three times in a row.

Records27May056.jpg

The Sandpipers - Spanish LP
Just a euro. The version of Michelle sounds ok. Not got near the rest.

Stereolab - Chemical Chords 2xLP
New album. Poppy slant. Very solid.

Mikh ? LP
Traditional Greek songs. Late 1960s. Pleasant but nothing striking.

Davy Graham - Folk Blues And All Points In Between LP
Decent 1985 comp of 1960s material. First side devoted to Folk Routes material while Blue Raga appears on the flip.

Records27May057.jpg

Two Stereolab 45s later collected on Fab Four Suture. Still need two more to complete the set.

The Blue Swede 45 is from the Hooked On A Feeling period. Fairly lumpen.

The best thing about Mouth and MacNeal is the sleeve.

7000 dying rats-forced boat7"
After the bombs-relentless onslaught(lp)
Cease upon the capital- s/t(lp)
His hero is gone-momentum to thieves(lp)
Christdriver-everything burns(lp)

Fucked Up-year of the pig(japanese version) 7"
Fucked Up-year of the pig/anorak city 7"
Fucked Up-year of the pig/mustaa lunta 7"
Fucked up-two snakes 7"
Bergenfield Four-7"
The Cure-primary/descent 7"
Tranzmitors-tenage tragedy-7"
Annihilation Time-cosmic unconciousness 7"
Regulations-different needs 7"
Dean Dirg-raus lp
Severed Head Of State-power hazard 12"
Reality Crisis-open the door and into the chaotic world lp
Rapeman-to nuns and a pack mule lp
PESD-politikarepoizonekurvae lp
Pork Dukes-makin bacon 12"
The Hellacopters-head off lp
Geriatric Unit-nuclear accidents 12"
Geoffrey Oi!Cott-the good the bad the googley lp
Boris-pink 2xlp
Acid Mothers Temple/Je Suis France-split lp
Acid Mothers Temple-the early recordings 1995-1997 2xlp
Miminokoto-lp
Amebix-no sanctuary lp& 7"
Nihishinon-2xlp
World Burns to Death-the graveyard of utopia lp
Fucked Up-year of the dog 12"
Gauze-lp on prank
Moutpiece-lp
Melvins-nude with boots cd
The Assassinators-japan tour cd
999-the biggest prize in sport tape
Peter And the test Tube Babies-shit factory tape
Henry Rollins-dublin 98 spoken word 2xtape

I need to get my tape player set up properly again,but I could run off cassette copies no bother. Remind me in a week or two if I've not yet done it.

just arrived in last few days

Records27May052.jpg

Brian Abbs and Nola York - Skyhigh LP
Longman English teaching record so lyrics are written to emphasis sentence structure and language / grammatical points. Not as contrived as it sounds with some good foot-tapping moments.

Clannad - Clannad LP
Debut from 1973. Ends with a great version of Morning Dew.

Sven Libaek - Inner Space [Full Soundtrack] LP
Recent Votary repress. Great.

Colin Wilson - Cloudburst LP
Private press folk from 1975, just spinning it again now. Flower Girl and Little Girl Lost are very well crafted.

Records27May053.jpg

Woody Herman - Heavy Exposure LP
Solid and full of soul. Great Aquarius.

Lou Donaldson - At His Best LP
Two tracks here sound like Blowin' In The Wind and Stand By Me but are not listed as such. Some fine playing on this.

Mort Garson - Electronic Hair Pieces LP
Mort Garson - The Wozard Of Is LP
Pair of gems. Both say for promotional use only - like the set of dozen Zodiac albums I got a while back. Must have been quite a few knocking around. Wozard is a CD upgrade. Electronic Hair Pieces is slightly better and more out there in a different way.

Records27May054.jpg

R. Dean Taylor - I Think Therefore I Am LP
Great record. Unsung Motown hero of mine. You need the 45 of Indiana Wants Me though. Nice version of that James Taylor tune, Fire and Rain.

Neil Hefti - Synanon Soundtrack LP
Sounds promising and slick so far. Good bass and sax.

Chico Hamilton - The Further Adventures Of El Chico LP
Impulse gatefold. Szabo does good here. Manila and Monday Monday rock.

Nancy Sinatra - Boots LP
Stereo pressing. Some interesting covers - particularly Run For Your Life and It Ain't Me Babe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back