Christina Vantzou - No.1, CD
Christina Vantzou - No.3, 2LP
Barn Owl & The Infinite Strings Ensemble - The Headlands, LP
Barn Owl - From Our Mouths A Perpetual Light, LP
Teenage Fanclub - Here, LP
Ekca Liena ‎– Slow Music For Rapid Eye Movement, LP
Piano Magic - Son De Mar, LP
The Bevis Frond - White Numbers, ‎3xLP

what's the new music shop in liffey valley? is it the re-opened hmv? any good? do they have a decent vinyl selection?

great to hear of a record shop that's opening, for a change

while i'm at it, is tower still open? towerrecords.ie is still up. i thought they were shutting down...

while i'm at it, is tower still open? towerrecords.ie is still up. i thought they were shutting down...

The one on O'Connell Street above Easons is definitely open, I was in it the other day. As far as I know the one on Dawson St. is still open - where did you hear they were shutting down?

...apparently there's a new record shop in Dun Laoghaire called 'Vinyl', no idea what it's like though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

after hearing rumors all year i asked one of the guys behind the counter in dawson st. he said they were closing end of august (iirc... might have been end of october he said. either way i thought they'd be gone by now)

after hearing rumors all year i asked one of the guys behind the counter in dawson st. he said they were closing end of august (iirc... might have been end of october he said. either way i thought they'd be gone by now)
Never heard anything about them closing down.

Always seems to be a lot of older people with Tower Records bags wandering around town, I will buy stuff there depending on the price. Some of it is overpriced but still cheaper than ordering online when you factor in shipping. Hard to justify €25+ on a lot of the vinyl though.

really? balls anyway. It ain't perfect but I'm a fan of Tower.

You'd think they'll hang on til after xmas anyway. They'll do a roarin trade in december.

That will push me to do almost all of my record shopping online.

New Metallica album, Hardwired To Self Destruct, via my "lives near a record shop" bud Chis. I put it on in the car driving home from the Dublin and my initial excitement to blast the thing from CD without the youtube compression lasted for a few tunes. Then the horrible reality of that fucking snare sound sunk in and I wondered if I was listening to the isolated drum tracks (why does the poorest musician in the band get to be the loudest?) instead of the actual album.
I've given it a few more goes and I'm warming to it, those songwriting videos they post actually help.
So yea, not as bad as I first thought.

Bit of a binge this week:
Einstuerzende Neubauten Greatest Hits 2LP
Buffalo Springfield Box Set 4CD
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young American Dream CD
Teho Teardo & Blixa Bargeld Still Smiling 2LP
Teho Teardo & Blixa Bargeld Nerissimo LP
Pauline Oliveros + Musiques Nouvelles Four Meditations/Sound Geometries LP
Grinderman Palaces of Montezuma 12"

Magma - Mëkanïk Dëstruktïẁ Kömmandöh, LP
Tindersticks - Donkeys 92-97, CD
Tindersticks - The Hungry Saw CD
Penguin Cafe Orchestra - Signs Of Life, LP
Michael Nyman - Drowning By Numbers LP (Cheers for the flashback @Jim Daniels!)
Michael Nyman Band - The Cook, The Thief, His Wife And Her Lover, LP
Biosphere - Substrata, 2LP
The Caretaker - An empty bliss beyond this world, LP
Sangre De Muerdago - Deixademe Morrer No Bosque 2LP

Magma - Mëkanïk Dëstruktïẁ Kömmandöh, LP
Tindersticks - Donkeys 92-97, CD
Tindersticks - The Hungry Saw CD
Penguin Cafe Orchestra - Signs Of Life, LP
Michael Nyman - Drowning By Numbers LP (Cheers for the flashback @Jim Daniels!)
Michael Nyman Band - The Cook, The Thief, His Wife And Her Lover, LP
Biosphere - Substrata, 2LP
The Caretaker - An empty bliss beyond this world, LP
Sangre De Muerdago - Deixademe Morrer No Bosque 2LP
Donkeys is such an incredible album, especially when you consider it's just an odds and ends compilation. That Pavement cover, that version of "City Sickness" and Isabella Rossilini - what a fucking album!

Donkeys is such an incredible album, especially when you consider it's just an odds and ends compilation. That Pavement cover, that version of "City Sickness" and Isabella Rossilini - what a fucking album!

It is isn't it! A lad I used to share an office with used to play it all the time, but I never owned it myself, so I picked it up with The Hungry Saw (also excellent) on Discogs for a couple of Euros. Been playing it lots since. I love those early tracks. Not a bad song on it.

Opeth - Sorcerors 2lp
Fyrnask - Forn lp+7"
Tiamat - Wildhoney lp
AC/DC - High Voltage lp
Caronte - Codex Babalon 12"
Expo 70 - Corridors to Infinity 2cd
Maeror Tri - Meditamentum 2cd
Maeror Tri - Emotional Engramm cd

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back