reason tracks onto an 8 track? (1 Viewer)

coast to coast

anyone know if this is possible - feeding looped reason tracks from a computer into a (digital) 8 track to put other instruments on top?

or is it better to put the real instruments onto the computer. i reckon this would brain my computer y'see. would i just need a midi cable or a red/white cable? hmm. is the sound quality daycent if i do this and put it all on one or two tracks.

well youd have to output the reason tracks as audio files. then somehow send them out to the 8 track. thats a bit of hassle unless you had a firewire preamp or something of the sort. but if you did then itd be far far easier to get recording software and then record the instruments into the 'puter.

does the 8 track have a cd drive?

yes. you can. your audio card has an optical out and your 8 track has one in, you can bounce them all across by altering a few things on the audio preferences in Reason and selelct the digi input on the 8track.
if not, you should send midi clock info from the 8track via midi/usb cables to reason so they stop/start in time and record the audio one track at a time over rca or 1/4" or whatever from computer to 8track. depends on whast gear ye have really

yes. you can. your audio card has an optical out and your 8 track has one in, you can bounce them all across by altering a few things on the audio preferences in Reason and selelct the digi input on the 8track.
if not, you should send midi clock info from the 8track via midi/usb cables to reason so they stop/start in time and record the audio one track at a time over rca or 1/4" or whatever from computer to 8track. depends on whast gear ye have really
sorry, tried to edit but just missed it. this is what i meant to say:

yes. you can. if your audio card has an optical out and if your 8 track has one in, you can bounce them all across at once 0nto separate channels by altering a few things on the audio preferences in Reason and selelct the digi input on the 8track.
if not, you should send midi clock info from the 8track via midi/usb cables to reason so they stop/start in time and record the audio one track at a time over rca or 1/4" or whatever from computer to 8track. depends on what gear ye have really

I'm sure there is a way, but to be honest I think you're going backwards...I reckon you should be moving stuff off your 8 track onto the puter, not the other way around.

If you really need the reason tracks on your 8 track then either...

a) synch the puter and 8 track up with a MIDI cable (assuming you have a MIDI port on your PC and 8 track, or...

b) Use Reason to mixdown your 8 tracks to 2, and record them onto your 8 track for a guide. Then you can record your 'real' audio on the 8 track and move them onto your PC afterwards using a SPDIF (red/white) or optical cable, or whatever you have. Then mix on the PC.

Obviously if you have a good soundcard then just ignore the 8 track altogether and record straight onto the puter, but I presume you don't since you're asking the question.

I'm sure there is a way, but to be honest I think you're going backwards...I reckon you should be moving stuff off your 8 track onto the puter, not the other way around.

...... Then mix on the PC.

but I presume you don't since you're asking the question.

but

i reckon this would brain my computer y'see.

it is nicer to mix on outboard gear though. i just had experience mixing reason tracks in real time from a pc into a yamaha 02R desk and recording it to its hard drive. was easy loikes

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back