Real Life People I have the Horn For (1 Viewer)

::clef::girls you know you better watch out, some guys some guys are only about, that thing, that thing, that thi-iii-iing.
guys you know you better watch out, some girls some girls are only about, that thing, that thing, that thi-ii-iing::clef::

Hahahahah that line made me laugh despite myself.

As for Irish girls. Its all true, they are usually cruel and standoffish. Problem is though, my friend and I are usually very chatty and will talk to anyone who approaches us, male or female in a similarly friendly manner. Because Irish girls are so cruel and standoffish this is usually quite novel and people automatically think they're in and get very annoying when they find out they're not. So you can't win either way, you can be a bitch and get called a bitch when you say no or you can be nice and get accused of, and i quote, 'using your sexuality for evil'. granted the person i'm quoting was a bit of a dramaqueen.

Fair point but there's no doubt that it's the guy in that situation that being thee asshole.

some of the most standoffish people I've met have been thumpeders. some friendly ones too of course.

I'd probably be guilty of this but it's usually because I haven't a clue what to talk about with people I don't know.

I'd probably be guilty of this but it's usually because I haven't a clue what to talk about with people I don't know.

With people talk about anything. Who gives a shit if they get it they get it fuck em if they don't.

With a woman that you might want to date/ride/not get slapped by and who you think might date you/ ride you/ not slap you, talk about a subject she's an expert in.

Her.

Once she's talking and you're doing the smiling it's all okay. This is why alcohol is an imperative. Drunks are even more self obsessed than the average sap.

With people talk about anything. Who gives a shit if they get it they get it fuck em if they don't.

With a woman that you might want to date/ride/not get slapped by and who you think might date you/ ride you/ not slap you, talk about a subject she's an expert in.

Her.

Once she's talking and you're doing the smiling it's all okay. This is why alcohol is an imperative. Drunks are even more self obsessed than the average sap.

Washingcattle=The love guru :p

I know, I don't mean all. I know many lovely Irish women but holy hell there is this 'fuck off' with a lot of them. Maybe it's only girl to girl but I'm a people watcher and I've noticed many men approach women and get a horrendous attitude. I find it bizarre. I'm sure it's everywhere but I've never noticed it as much as here. I kind of feel sorry for men. Fair enough if she is not interested but some of the responses and body language is really uncalled for...imho.

Sure aren't Irish the blacks of Europe.

2295731581_38b2f7857f.jpg

"I like a woman with spirit, I do I do I do!"

some of the most standoffish people I've met have been thumpeders. some friendly ones too of course.

Well that's a whole other can of worms. There's always that awkward, do you know who I am or even care since it's the internet vibe. I have a very good memory for faces but I know others don't so unless I've met someone a few times (enough to have had conversations rather than just nods hello) I wait for them to say hello to verify they remember me. Actually, I just recently realized who you are in person probably after about a year of seeing you at gigs.

Juno (if she is who I think she is) I always have that odd, does she know who I am, should I say hello? moment. Or maybe it's because I view thumped people as co-workers since I don't really have any at work. So when I see thumped people (that I'm don't hang out with all the time) in public it's out of context and I don't want to intrude on their time off.

No offense to Irish women on here (you're all lovely) but it may have to do with many being standoffish? Easier to talk to a foreigner than to get your head bit off at a bar by an Irish woman. I know this is stereotypical and I'm not saying all Irish women but I even notice it in the queues to the bathroom. The air of "why the are you talking to me?" It's a bit scary.

Honestly can't say I've noticed that much, when I'm out people always seem friendly and chatty, but I guess that might be because I've been exposed to it for longer and just not aware of it anymore.
Or because I'm drunk.

Honestly can't say I've noticed that much, when I'm out people always seem friendly and chatty, but I guess that might be because I've been exposed to it for longer and just not aware of it anymore.
Or because I'm drunk.

In fairness, I've either gotten over it over the years or maybe it's because I started going to different venues. It's actually probably the latter. When I first got here I went to a lot of venues I would never enter now even if you paid me. I only knew a few people and would get dragged to awful pubs and places like howl at the moon. I generally don't get that vibe now in places I frequent.

Maybe it's fresh eyes? I'm sure people just moving to that States would have things they notice straight off that I wouldn't think twice about. Again both being generalizations. I was surprised at how much girls spent on the way they looked. Manicures, pedicures, hair straighteners, fake tan, heels and dresses non-stop. Just different to what I was use to and it seemed 80% here were this way. I blame Sex And The City.

I was surprised at how much girls spent on the way they looked. Manicures, pedicures, hair straighteners, fake tan, heels and dresses non-stop. Just different to what I was use to and it seemed 80% here were this way. I blame Sex And The City.

So you don't want to go with me to get a spray tan before Primavera?

this guy, 'oh yeah' and off he goes singing the song.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think he's just some passerby, what a hero

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back