Read It Swap It (1 Viewer)

Zeelander

Website
www.myspace.com
Bummed to see that readitswapit only operates in the UK, not Ireland. I have decided that over the next couple of years I want to have read all of the books on Time's Top 100 Novels list, so there's a lot of books I need to get my hands on. It'd be great if this board had a book-swapping facility. I'd like to offload some books as well as acquire some- I'm embarrassed about having books on my shelves that I know I'll never read; it makes me feel like a fraud to have them on display, i.e. I have zero interest in Greek sculpture, but the fact that there is a book in my living room on the topic would suggest otherwise.

Ho hum, so thoughts on the book swapping idea would be appreciated. If anyone would like to donate any unwanted books to my particular cause, I'm looking for quite a few off the list here. I am willing to trade other books, compilation CDs, knitted robots and so on.

i'm willing to part with Lucky Jim, On the Road, Naked Lunch and The Sportwriter for a knitted robot...

you weren't joking about the knitted robot were you? otherwise the deal is off

I feel like such a palestine, I've only read about 17 of them and tried and failed to read about 5 more.

Bummed to see that readitswapit only operates in the UK, not Ireland. I have decided that over the next couple of years I want to have read all of the books on Time's Top 100 Novels list, so there's a lot of books I need to get my hands on. It'd be great if this board had a book-swapping facility. I'd like to offload some books as well as acquire some- I'm embarrassed about having books on my shelves that I know I'll never read; it makes me feel like a fraud to have them on display, i.e. I have zero interest in Greek sculpture, but the fact that there is a book in my living room on the topic would suggest otherwise.

Ho hum, so thoughts on the book swapping idea would be appreciated. If anyone would like to donate any unwanted books to my particular cause, I'm looking for quite a few off the list here. I am willing to trade other books, compilation CDs, knitted robots and so on.

i'm willing to part with Lucky Jim, On the Road, Naked Lunch and The Sportwriter for a knitted robot...

you weren't joking about the knitted robot were you? otherwise the deal is off

No, I really wasn't! It'll only be a small one, as I can see myself having to make quite a few, but it'll be rad and it will be made especially for you. I'll PM you my address. Thanks a million!

I really did mean palestine.
it's one of those funnies, guys.
squiggle.

I have a copy of American Pastoral which I got through The Circulating Library. It's on the list and you're welcome to have it once I've finished it.
Ahhh, that Circulating Library is a great idea.

I'll PM you my address and if you'd like I'll send you a copy of a compilation CD I made recently: I just saw a thread you started about Rainy Days And Mondays and despite having no fondness for the Carpenters, I too have always had a special place in my heart for that song and it's on a compilation I made a few months ago. The compilation is called "I'm Going To Stop Pretending That My Music Taste Isn't Up My Arse"....

I've read 37 , woooo.|..|
Lots I havent heard of/gave up on though.
Has anyone read the John Updike Rabbit books?
Tried one years ago and didnt get it, must try again...

Zeelander I probably have quite a few on the list, will check later, the swappping is a good idea.

Zeelander I probably have quite a few on the list, will check later, the swappping is a good idea.

Jaysus!

I have read 16 of them, although they all seem to be 20th century and I have been reading 19th century books for the past good while.

Oo, sweet. If there's any you wouldn't mind parting with, please let me know and we'll come up with a barter.

Ro- the list only features books published since 1923, as I guess that's when Time began, as it were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back