Random Prison News Bulletin (1 Viewer)

Buzzo

Website
www.iprt.ie
Jaysis. Lads. I know I'm always posting prison stuff, and most of you may not give a shit but I've just heard the greatest thing I've heard in quite a while:

DRUGS strategy minister Pat Carey yesterday called on the Prison Service to examine the introduction of needle exchanges for injecting drug users in jail.
This article is a good read if you're not familiar with the whole point of it, and Pat Carey's attitude contrasts quite significantly to super-lame ex-Minister for Sexy Headlines Mickey Mac, who in 2004 accused supporters of such a plan of 'moral fuzziness' (despite the fact that this kind of shit is implicitly supported in our National Drugs Strategy). Is there hope? Pat Carey fuckin ROOLZ.

Also, I spoke to someone I work with who says that we don't have a big enough prison population to make my grim predictions of this thread come true. I still think we should be cautious against it though. We've a couple of thousand more prison spaces due to open up with the move to Thornton Hall as it is.

I also recently learned that one in a hundred people in the America are now in prison. ONE IN A HUNDRED. Can you imagine? What would that be in Ireland? 40,000 people??? Our daily population stands at just over 3,000... sufferin American jesus.

Thanks for reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back