Random Photos (1 Viewer)

Portmeirion. Home of "The Prisoner".

365141742_d0ece4014a_b.jpg

Yay for Wales. Must try and get there sometime, its only about an hour south of here.

You should do; it's amazing.

It'd be a shame you being in Wales for so long and not managing it. One of THE cultural references.

Yeah keep meaning too whenever we're down that way but never seems to happen, too many rivers to paddle.

Here's a pic of Bushy park looking strangely like Vietnam
366318178_26eff5f881.jpg

If you look carefully, you can see two Heron's in the trees in the centre. Hiding, like Vietcong.

Here's a closer look:

366351491_3103472dba.jpg

366347498_2bd1ca051b.jpg

In other news, my monopod arrived in the post today.
It's not as stable as a tripod, but it's less bulky (indeed, it's about one third as bulky), so I can bring it around the place with me. Its kinda exciting tbh

Here's an example:
(Both shots)
Camera: Fujifilm FinePix S5600
Exposure:
3 sec (3)
Aperture: f/3.2
Focal Length: 6.3 mm
ISO Speed:
Exposure Bias:2 EV

The best of a few shots without the monopod
366347500_029129cf5f.jpg

And the best of a few shots with the monopod. Not perfect, but a vast improvement:
366347504_24913d635d.jpg

I never use tripods/monopods, I just find something to lean the camera on such as a wall.

Ah, but not always practical though. Plus, there's the added incentive of the big stick to bate them with.

I don't need a big stick, the idea of carrying either doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. It is quite possible that a own a tripod though.

I never use tripods/monopods, I just find something to lean the camera on such as a wall.

Ah yeah. I was having a quiet day in work so I looked on ebay and said "I'll have that". That was a major reason for buying it really. But also, I have literally hundreds of blurry photo's taken. I felt it was time for action!!!!

I was just thinking of buying one. How much did it cost and from where?

Some difference.

Well I spose you'll always better off with a tripod, but mine was €15 from ebay. That's including P&P (Which actually cost more than the thing itself). Innovico was the company that sold it.

And it's not that much of a difference. It was just a quick example. It's more like there's more scope to do shit rather than anything else. eg: I could still get a decent pic of that church without the tripod, but now I have more ways of doing it. Or something.

I don't need a big stick, the idea of carrying either doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. It is quite possible that a own a tripod though.

Big sticks are handy walking around Finglas with a camera. I intend strapping mine to my bag, when I get one. Tripod can stay in the car when I'm not messing around in near darkness.

The monopod will be fine for low light pics on holliers.

I could still get a decent pic of that church without the tripod, but now I have more ways of doing it. Or something.

That's the thing. For the last two months, I've had to set the ISO high up on the camera due to the lack of decent light. I'm not particularly shaky by any means. But my main lens is not exactly fast.

i have SO many pics from this week in Beijing, but here's a taster.
50/50 manual on a table top, taken yesterday. (can't remember the name of the rider but he is from China)

DSC06082.jpg

parklife. aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh..........

DSC06087-1.jpg

China's number 1 (also a Burton pro) Wang Lei finising out a backside 180

DSC06093.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back