Random Photos (3 Viewers)

all joking aside - i'd feckin love to have the time/space/money to acquire and use one. LF photography is great craic..

I bought a 4x5 with two lenses from a woman down in Cork a few months back for 300 quid. It's not the type of thing you are going to carry around in a bag (it's a monorail job .... not like the Speed Graphic (I think?) in the picture above) but for situations where you are going to set the thing up on a tripod it's fantastic. Shooting colour film is really expensive but if you stick to b&w and develop it yourself it's grand. I just recently was able to get one of the negs scanned on a super-kick-ass scanner and the results are unreal ....

300 quid? bastard. gunns are now carrying some yugoslavian b&w 5x4 film, €22 for 50 sheets.

Just bought some of this this morning!

I think you might find it difficult to get certain sizes of negs processed though. That was the rumour anyway.

Yeah, I think it's going to be difficult for anything other than 4x5. A buddy of mine shoots 5x7 and I think he has to send it somewhere in England. The place on abbey street does transparency film in 4x5 but for colour negative film you have to send to some crowd in Mullingar. I don't know if anyone does b&w but there's no reason not to just do it yourself.

fuji imagecare on abbey street charge €5 for a single 5x4 E6 sheet.

Yeah, it's pretty expensive ...

300 quid? bastard. gunns are now carrying some yugoslavian b&w 5x4 film, €22 for 50 sheets.

Just bought some of this this morning!

I think you might find it difficult to get certain sizes of negs processed though. That was the rumour anyway.

Yeah, I think it's going to be difficult for anything other than 4x5. A buddy of mine shoots 5x7 and I think he has to send it somewhere in England. The place on abbey street does transparency film in 4x5 but for colour negative film you have to send to some crowd in Mullingar. I don't know if anyone does b&w but there's no reason not to just do it yourself.

fuji imagecare on abbey street charge €5 for a single 5x4 E6 sheet.

Yeah, it's pretty expensive ...

I bought a 4x5 with two lenses from a woman down in Cork a few months back for 300 quid. It's not the type of thing you are going to carry around in a bag (it's a monorail job .... not like the Speed Graphic (I think?) in the picture above) but for situations where you are going to set the thing up on a tripod it's fantastic. Shooting colour film is really expensive but if you stick to b&w and develop it yourself it's grand. I just recently was able to get one of the negs scanned on a super-kick-ass scanner and the results are unreal ....

hugh - its a busch pressman - generally cheaper than the graphic.
did a bit of largeformat work during the course - buying a polaroid back is a good way of keeping costs down at the start - providing youre not interested in wall sized print straight off..

all made using digital soulless equipment unfortunately...

signsw.jpg

crokew.jpg

bbw.jpg

I haven't posted a pic in ages! In three weeks I'm moving to Cambodia though (and will be bringing along an 85mm f/1.4 I'm picking up today) so I hope to post more regularly once I'm settled and all :)

Jim Sheridan
4951466165_7990aef282_z.jpg

Garbage
4952012022_467e1336c9_z.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back