Random Photos (5 Viewers)

3099835453_4d1366cea4.jpg

must spread some rep yada yada...that's bleeding rappih!

All these night/low light shots you do, do you use a tripod?

no, but i damn well need to. i stood in that spot for half an hour leaning weirdly against the rail to try and get steady. i took that picture about 20 or 30 times before i 'got' it. i do need to get a tripod, i always seem to be shooting in low light these days.

anyway to add to the story of this pic - when i looked down, i saw i'd been standing in dog shit. that kind of stuff didnt happen to me since the 80s, so the recession has well and truly arrived in earnest.

no, but i damn well need to. i stood in that spot for half an hour leaning weirdly against the rail to try and get steady. i took that picture about 20 or 30 times before i 'got' it. i do need to get a tripod, i always seem to be shooting in low light these days.

anyway to add to the story of this pic - when i looked down, i saw i'd been standing in dog shit. that kind of stuff didnt happen to me since the 80s, so the recession has well and truly arrived in earnest.

need for tripod/xmas time = ...

you do the math...

even a monopod would be useful - if you're wandering around, it's much more portable too.

Got a tripod yesterday for about e12 and took this last night. Being a e12 tripod, it's very unsteady so i put it on timer (10 seconds) and let 'er rip. 13 seconds at ISO 100. Sweet.

3123438651_1527c4d441_o.jpg

Monopods are dead handy too and a good defensive weapon too, I mean one whack of mine would literally take someones head off.

what's the deal with monopods? How do you keep them steady? I cannae understand and i'm not gonna google the wiki to find out

what's the deal with monopods? How do you keep them steady? I cannae understand and i'm not gonna google the wiki to find out

You just kinda hold onto them. You only have to try and control the horizontal movement because the camera is fixed vertically. Bound to be steadier than hand-held .... but not as steady as a tripod obviously ....

Another thing you can do to keep the camera steadier hand-held at longish shutter speeds ... use the self-timer thingy (if there is one) rather than pressing the shutter.

Got a tripod yesterday for about e12 and took this last night. Being a e12 tripod, it's very unsteady so i put it on timer (10 seconds) and let 'er rip. 13 seconds at ISO 100. Sweet.
See if you can hang your camera bag on it. The extra weight will steady it more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back