RAG Party this Sat 10th Nov (1 Viewer)

One guy was talking to me about the pressure he feels and has felt towards thinking of being with someone as being all about sex. Like when he was in school that was all they would talk about and he's had to rethink it only now (in his 30s).

i really don't remember any conversations about sex from school. i remember conversations about smoking hash, mudhoney, front 242, solipsism, jocks, meditation, detention and hating morrissey.

your article(s) sound interesting.

jesus...i find all of this really tiring, fucking discouraging, wearing. i'm trying to be honest about how i feel about this stuff and the response is either aggressive denial or childish defensiveness. fuck it.

jesus...i find all of this really tiring, fucking discouraging, wearing. i'm trying to be honest about how i feel about this stuff and the response is either aggressive denial or childish defensiveness. fuck it.

i'm not taking it all seriously because I'm half stuck in a paper on 'social innovation'... sorry.

Mazzyianne, I can see what you're trying to say. Despite all that I've said I probably haven't made clear that I totally understand RAG's reasons for it being women only, I just disagree with those reasons in principle. I understand that men can't speak for women but I can't see why it's impossible for a man to contribute.

As for whether or not RAG is anarchist and the semantics associated therein, let's take a different tact. If it's female only, it's not democratic - it's demicratic. :p

What nooly said earlier about her experiences with men is a good example of how other men can learn from her experiences. How much better can a woman write about men's behaviours than a man? I take it she won't be able to contribute to the male-RAG and it will be poorer because of that.

Nobody said that anyone should feel guilty for being a man! Shorty, Jane (I think) and I were referring to a meeting a few years ago where a man apparently apologised to all women present for the pain men had caused over the years. Maybe he thought his penis and testicles had somehow carried the collective male guilt throughout history into the room to be admonished.

It's true there is a gender imbalance in society and RAG reflects that. I don't have a problem with that, I just have an opinion on it.

no, throughout. women are much more governed by mood when it comes to sex whereas men tend to just want it whenever the wee lad wakes up.

That's a gross generalisation. But, I would agree that men seem to feel a lot more pressure from their biology to engage in sexual intercourse. For instance, going home with people I'm not interested in but only realising I'm not interested in them 2 minutes after the fact. Women generally get off from sex more often when they care about the person they're with and know that the person cares about them. Men generally get off from sex when it's a wet tight hole. But there's fortunately a lot more shades of subtlety than whether you come or not.

jesus!! hardly. are you joking?

No, I'm definitely not joking about women being selfish in regard to orgasm. I've had many experiences of women being desperately mercenary about attaining orgasm and wrecking the experience by using me as little more than a sex toy, when with a little time & patience we both could have come really hard. But I didn't realise it until I'd been with a lot of people and experienced the differences.

this is almost anybody i've ever been with - this sense of entitlement to grab at your body once you've slept with someone - i'm not talking about possessiveness, i'm talking about physical invasion of space. insensitivity to your actual mood and obsession with your function as a sexual object.?

That's pretty unfortunate, it's far from everyone though. I've definitely got much more experience of women being what I think of as "intimacy leeches", people who are desperate for physical contact and the sense of well-being it brings. They general take any opportunity to sprawl themselves over you, rub you and generally be intimate in a confusing & inappropriate manner. Almost everybody you've been with would quite possibly not physically invade your space and feel entitled to grab at your body if you told them how it makes you feel & that you don't like it.

it would be a very lovely world if there was a host of sensitive, skillful potential partners out there for everyone. it's a pretty weak cop-out to write off what is pretty widespread sexual disilliusionment amongst women as 'poor choice of lover'.

Nah, it's no cop out, you're msising the point. It is a very lovely world (of sex, most other things are still shit and even the sex takes a lot of hard work) when you do start to find the host of sensitive, skillful potential partners that are out the there for everyone. It just takes a lot of searching and experimentation. It's still only been, I dunno, 10-25% of the people I've been with?

where are all these ground-shaking partners we've been missing out on?

Well, wherever you find them. But not in Ireland, in my experience, for the most part.

we also try to remain aware that some people are not comfortable with the idea of separate sex environments. and we realise that however useful this environment is for bringing us out and allowing us to discuss issues that mean a lot to us, an analysis remains incomplete until brought to the community at large. ie you lot.

This is the crucial part, and what makes me have absolutely no problem with it being women only and anarchist. If it was women only & purporting to be anarchist but with an intention of pure separation only for it's own sake and exclusivity it would be completely different.

Hmmm, you go on a rant saying you want to tak about your problems about sexual engagements with males, whinge about it until I decide to think about your critiques & respond to them rather than just knee-jerk react "it's a load of bollocks", and then write this after acusing me of cop-out behaviour...?

Cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back