RAG Party this Sat 10th Nov (1 Viewer)

Shine

Hey Punx
RAG is a Dublin-based anarcha-feminist collective. We just produced the second issue of the RAG magazine. To celebrate we are throwing a party in Seomra Spraoi, 4 Mary's Abbey, D1 (blue door on the luas tracks, just off Capel st.)

6/4 euro will get you a magazine, a plate of yummy food, some fun activities, and music and dancing til late.
Food from 6.30pm til it runs out, Music from 9pm, Kid friendly til 9.
Acts: Ophelia www.myspace.com/opheliamc
Heathers www.myspace.com/heatherswhatsyourdamage
Also 3 djs.

It follows on from the Spraoi For All (all ages) gig which takes place in the Seomra from 2pm and looks deadly...
Party Weirdo, Swing Youth and Zing...
www.myspace.com/spraoiforall

Hope to see you there

More info and many of the articles from Issue 1 of the magazine
available at www.ragdublin.org

Sure spotting potential rapists is easy. They're all bigger, have broader shoulders and more muscular arms and legs, have shorter hair, and lack breasts. Totally different from normal human beings.

i'm afraid you've lost me there...say something sexist and set off a massive ruckus would you, oly for one is hanging out for a norms versus fems showdown but hasn't the balls to spark it.

French-Curved-Mirror-7133F-.gif

Hohoho...

oly for one is hanging out for a norms versus fems showdown but hasn't the balls to spark it.
I was asked to look up the RAG article by my committed wombyn life partner goddess. She wants to be able to spot those tell-tale "who's the potential rapist at the party" warning signs detailed in the zine for her own safety. No joy on finding it so far. However, she was reassured when I told her that even if we can't find the article, at the very least we know that rapists are so unlike other men that you can write a page or two about their behaviour and appearance.

no ta, but...was there actually such an article? i assumed the very idea was a pisstake of how feminism might become unstable.

Here is the lovely cover of RAG no.2.

I'm sure you can get a look at RAG no.1 at the launch if you want to read any articles from it. Hopefully all articles from no.1 will be on-line soonish. Nice to know you were checking the site anyway, hopefully while you were there you took a read of some of the other pieces?

Hope this image is attached ok...

frontcover+small+RAG+2.jpg

Attachments

• frontcover very very smallest RAG 2.jpg
    frontcover very very smallest RAG 2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 120
That article has been criticised elsewhere by quite a few people in different places, mostly by *golly gosh* other women and feminists. I'm not sure but I think some mebers of RAG may have even admitted as much. Either way, it doesn't and shouldn't take away from what overall is actually a fucking great anarcha-feminist magazine and group.
And my god do I truelly mean that when you read some of the utter shite that passes for (anarcha)feminism nowadays *cough* american punks *cough* for example :p

That article has been criticised elsewhere by quite a few people in different places, mostly by *golly gosh* other women and feminists. I'm not sure but I think some mebers of RAG may have even admitted as much. Either way, it doesn't and shouldn't take away from what overall is actually a fucking great anarcha-feminist magazine and group.
And my god do I truelly mean that when you read some of the utter shite that passes for (anarcha)feminism nowadays *cough* american punks *cough* for example :p
God, you are so sexist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back