Radiohead and the Environment (1 Viewer)

Well, what do you do and how do you make sure that your carbon emissions are as low as possible?

I avoid Radiohead concerts as much as possible.

their new best of is on quadruple vinyl.

That occurred to me earlier actually, that the biggest waste surely is the boxes and boxes of CDs and vinyl. Though they have nothing to do with that Best of to be fair

(I think their old record company just went ahead and released it, correct me if I am wrong though...)

That occurred to me earlier actually, that the biggest waste surely is the boxes and boxes of CDs and vinyl. Though they have nothing to do with that Best of to be fair

(I think their old record company just went ahead and released it, correct me if I am wrong though...)

think it was a contractual thing - not of their doing.

boxes of CDs and vinyl beat the crap out of shitty mp3s on a computer though.

sorry EARTH.

what's the fucking point of saving the world if all we're gonna do is stay at home and breed tadpoles. fuck that.

what's the fucking point of saving the world if all we're gonna do is stay at home and breed tadpoles. fuck that.

That's exactly my argument, we need a rational approach to solve these problems, not for us to become irritating neo-hippies.

Its mine too.
There was art before huge bands started going on tour and there will be art after it.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't cycle to the gig, the fact that a specially built bike shed will be there is a great idea.

I'm also not using this as an excuse not to be more eco-froiendly myself. I hate that kind of 'well if he's not trying, i'm not gonna either' mentality.

But individually the members of radiohead have a large carbon footprint. I presume they are financially well enough off to stop touring. Would it not be in the planet's best interest if they did?

Well i'm off home for the weekend, going go-Karting tomorrow, sorry mother earth.

Actually, I’m interested in the bike shed.

Is it covered? What is there to lock it to exactly? Is it like those crappy bike racks that don't really work?

Is there security, camera’s etc? Tickets stubs?

Will there be advisors there to tell people how to not lock their bikes like mongo’s, as so many people do?

Basically, I’m curious as to whether its just a gesture or was there some thought put into what cyclists might actually need from a bike locking facility at a big gig.

But individually the members of radiohead have a large carbon footprint. I presume they are financially well enough off to stop touring. Would it not be in the planet's best interest if they did?

True, but if they can give a model for a low carbon (or even carbon neutral) tour that all other bands could then follow...

difference will only come when people are poor again and they realise that turning off lights, turning down heat, walking etc saves them money.
Except then the ESB (or whatever company owns it my then) notice they bill reciepts going down and put up the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back