Radio Apps (1 Viewer)

you could, you know, pay the subscription fee to tunein and get the ads turned off

Oh man, I didn't even know that could be done
I get radio through my Sonos system - for ages RTE wasn't delivered by TuneIn through Sonos and then one day it was.

Kinda wished I'd gotten Bose now. They have bluetooth and I could run the radio off my phone..
Stuck with these yokes now.
If only there was some workaround for listening to the radio without using the internet

Anywhoo that tune-in advert is a tick box that someone has either selected or deselected

I don't get perfect radio reception of Lyric where I am, so I usually use the internet

Anyways, all small problems in the scheme of things

Thanks

I have a Sonos speaker too, with Google Assistant, but if I ask it to play Radio 1 it says "OK, playing RTE Radio 1 on Tune In. Sorry, I can't find what you're looking for". I have to manually select it on the sonos app. Most other stations it can play fine, if it understands me at all, but not radio 1.

I have a Sonos and absolutely no problems with playing any of the RTE stations, and have been using them for as long as I can remember having the system. Haven’t noticed any ads on TuneIn but haven’t bothered with the radio in a while.

Do Sonos not do a normal bluetooth speaker? I was eyeing them up and had been meaning to do some proper research.
Nah, man
You have to access everything through the Sonos software - you download a dashboard to your phone/laptop and go from there
It's a dose too cos you can't listen to say, older programmes on the BBC iplayer or RTE radio player - anythingh that isn't an actual podcast - the Beeb and RTE software isn't on there. Or not that I could find.
I end up having to do it through a workaround.
Really wish i'd gone Bose
But you live and learn

ETA these pics

1651008922194.png
1651008894664.png

Nah, man
You have to access everything through the Sonos software - you download a dashboard to your phone/laptop and go from there
It's a dose too cos you can't listen to say, older programmes on the BBC iplayer or RTE radio player - anythingh that isn't an actual podcast - the Beeb and RTE software isn't on there. Or not that I could find.
I end up having to do it through a workaround.
Really wish i'd gone Bose
But you live and learn

ETA these pics

View attachment 15620
View attachment 15619
thanks. Thats a pretty terrible model. I shall avoid.

Ads are part of the TuneIn experience

1651096116503.png

And I will have to move to Newry to get BBC Sounds on there

At the moment, BBC Sounds is available on the Sonos controller app within the UK only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back