Radio Apps (1 Viewer)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
What do you use? I've used tunein a lot and used to really like it but lately the ads are driving me up the wall. It used to be one 30 second ad before you could get to your content, then it went to the same ad twice (fuck you, Walking On Cars and your eagerly awaited debut album) and then this morning I had to listen to a poxy 30 second ad for the Nicky Byrne Show with Jenny Green FOUR TIMES before morning Ireland came on and I'd already missed the headlines by then. The pro version is €11.16 and only promises no banner ads, I dunno if they still give you the shite audio ads.

What a life :-(

Eh, FM tuner on most phones? A radio?

Why the middle man?
The fm radio on my phone only works if something is plugged into the headphones jack. I like to just use the speaker to listen to the news or talk radio. I'm in love with the radio on. Don't feel so alone with the radio on. Also, you can only get reasonable local channels on the fm and it dont got the am sound.

This is blowing my mind

Radio Garden
This is now my go-to site in the morning

Amazing how popular UK 80s pop is -- in all sorts of mad places.

Yesterday I was listening to a classic country station form Oklahoma; music interspersed with adverts for feed and reports on grain prices. The studio guest was a local sheriff talking about how to deal with an active shooter.

What a world.

I am using a yoke called Ryhthmbox on my computers..you can stream radio and download podcasts on it amongst a million other things
Its the business!

On android I basically just listen to WFMU on their excellent app.They have a chat room!
Also listen to Radio 4 on android.

I obviously need to expand my horizons and start taking advantage of the WWW more!

Does anyone else get ads on Tunein?
Like what the ever-loving fuck?
My speaker system uses TuneIn to get RTE and makes me listen to an ad anytime I put on RTE radio - but not any other station - I suspect some mandarin out at Montrose is responsible

it happenes sporadically, but occasionally the 8radio app becomes very unstable on me, and crashes frequently - and when it does, it always happens when a song is changing, so i suspect it could be to do with the album art loading for the app.

If only there was some workaround for listening to the radio without using the internet

Anywhoo that tune-in advert is a tick box that someone has either selected or deselected

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back