R.E.M. vs Kylie (2 Viewers)

The silence is deafening and should give you an indicator...

No just kidding. It was a great success, thanks to everybody's support and the hard work of the musicians.

A great vibe all night...only a few diva strops and panic attacks.

It went very late, should have started at 8 and ended at 11 but we didn't hit the road until 8:45 and we went to 11:45 which didn't please some folks but Dandelion is a fucking goddess and she thanked me for running late because she was stuck on a delayed flight from Belfast to Dublin. We had to cut the ensemble performance by the Hoot Night All-Stars of Shiny Happy People which was a real shame. In my head I have 15 minutes alloted for each act - 12 bands, 3 hour show, 4 per hour, but maybe I haven't told the bands that.

As far as the music, lots of people stepped out of their boxes which was really cool, but for which I was unprepared. Solo acoustic acts showed up with bands (My Brother Woody was fucking brilliant!!!) and 4 bigger sized bands showed up without drummers which was very strange to have so late in the night...we had a country band which was refreshing, some experimental stuff, a bonerfied new guitarist named Rob who played with Elton Mullally who was great...Carol was muthafuckin' brilliant with Fall On Me and Slow. Aurel were so far out of their box they had to play on the floor instead of the stage!! Crumb gave me Harbourcoat as an early Christmas present and now I feel like I've actually seen an REM concert! Miriam Ingram and Patrick Freyne were sublime with Where The Wild Roses Grow and Sweetness Follows. Keith Moss' take on Find The River was his most beautiful performance ever and Cuckoo Savante made lemon sherbert out of lemons when 2 of their band fell ill with the winter vomiting bug and seduced the house with charm, voice, jazz and harmony. Richer Than Astronauts were exciting - what with Mark in his gay raver jumper and their REM styled version of Kylie's I Should Be So Lucky. I hope I didn't leave anyone out...but yeah, overall it was a very good night. I even stayed and danced so that's telling you something. Snaky, the worst thing was that you weren't there...so we played Groom before and during the gig. :)

Hurry home,

Thomas

That was deadly - Thomas' summary saved me a lot of typing.

Crumb's harbourcoat winns the peter Buck Lifetime achievement award.

Carol Keogh's singing was amazing again.

Aurel's dance-off was the showbiz moment of the night.

'I can't get you out of my head' was really, really deadly - well done STD.

Patrick Freyne/Miriam was fantastic.

RTA gave the best alternatvie interpretation of the night.

I probably forgot loads of other things i liked.

The slow trunaround between bands sucked the atmosphere out of the show a bit, but musically it was a deadly night.

PS: I can no longer drink more than five pints and get away with it.

Great night all round. Carol and band scooped it for me - best songs/performance of the night.
When's the next one?

You gotta have one before August, Thomas.

Hey, maybe you could get a second person to help out and you could alternate MC duties.

Have you had a Drugs hoot? I vote Drugs hoot. Or a Stephin Merritt hoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back