Quotes from your parents (3 Viewers)

Your parents are mental. Growing you food and offering help and advice. Madness!

But the zucchini thing is just so out of the blue. That was the full e-mail. No hi, how are you or anything. Just that.

And the DO NOT WALK in caps as if it was and order and bad for my health. The distance from the bus stop to my sister's is the length of Dawson Street. Who the hell would need a car to pick them up? Bizarre.

not exactly my parents but they were in the room when my Aunt rang me today with a Techy Issue (they would have told her to ring me)

She had just bought a new wireless printer. She had installed it and the test page had printed off grand the day before. However today she couldn't print anything and the computer was not picking up the printer.

I asked her was the printer plugged in.
She no it was wireless.
I told her it still needed power to work....
Problem solved.

(On the phone to my mother who seems to have developed a bad case of the swine pox paranoia)

Her: "Keep away from anyone with a cough"
Me: "I've a bit of a cough myself actually"
Her: "You better wear a mask when I see you tomorrow"

:rolleyes:

3833533608_d63abf8b9d.jpg

Actual correspondence received today from my mother.
I'm confused - you rub dryer sheets on your skin?

This is from a few years back:

Sister: I need to drop my car into the garage - it is very stiff going into fifth gear
Mam: Cars don't have five gears
Sister: Your car has five gears

80 year old granny: What's a paedophile?
Me: *scarlah*

Same granny used a rumbrella to keep dry when raining, called my sister's mate nUna and told everybody my mother had been seduced by the doctor when giving birth to my brother.

Grannies are great.

This is from a few years back:

Sister: I need to drop my car into the garage - it is very stiff going into fifth gear
Mam: Cars don't have five gears
Sister: Your car has five gears

My mother-in-law tried fifth gear once ... didn't like it

edit: Actually that sounds like a lame Les Dawson joke, but it is actually The Truth

A husband of one of my mothers dead distant relatives turned up to the house a couple of months ago to visit. It was a Sunday and my brother and his girlfriend arrived in as he was leaving, I was in the kitchen with my other brother helping with the dinner.

Brother 1: "Jesus I thought he'd never go home."
Mother: "Dont say that he's been very lonely since she died". My mother then turns to my brothers girlfriend and in the most serious voice comes out with...

"Oh you should have seen her, finest woman in the county, the only woman in the county that could wear a hat"

We break into the pisses of laughter. While my brothers girlfriend manages to keep a straight face thinking it couldnt get any worse but she continued with...

"She died from cancer of the forrid"

My brother "Bit ironic that she died from forehead cancer when she was the only woman in the county that could wear a hat".

My mother starts to get really embarrased then as we're doing so much laughing, turns out that what my mother meant was that she had bone cancer.

Fairplay to the brothers girlfriend though, straight face through out

my mam called me by the dog's name once
oh....i thought that was standard

my mum sometimes cycles through the whole family's names, including pets, before she lands on the right one.
"brownie....no, cormy...tom...ah, NOOL - would you toast the hazelnuts for this salad and then get the prosecco out of the freezer? and try to find that cafe de l'art CD, i like that one. thanks love"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back