queue-jumping alcy scum. (1 Viewer)

johnnystress said:
Stoneybatter resident scum robbed the hubcaps off my girlfriends car yesterday- even though they(hubcaps) were all banged up and scraped to fuck.
Since moving there I've seen next door getting burgled, running battles with the police, skangettes getting battered by their scum fellahs, our car tires slashed, eggs thrown at house, constant verbal abuse form local inbred children, drunken roaring and screaming almost every night as they crawl their way back to O' Deveny Gardens. The other night, scum tired to break into my other neighbours house. He was saying they had been considering buying in the area..not any more.

when we were moving we looked at a place right beside o'devaney gardens (the last house on ashford place) and although i *really* liked the house we didn't take it cause it seemed a like it had the potential to become really unpleasant very quickly. like, we went up to visit again at 10pm on a sunday and there were three and four year olds wandering around on their own. the local shop had a guy that unlocked the door to let you in and locked it again after you left...

we still ended up moving to stoneybatter into a nicely gentrified locked-up third floor apartment, but that didn't stop our bikes getting stolen/tyres slashed from the 'secure' carpark. we went to a residents committee meeting where we learned quick and fast that 'as renters' we don't really count as residents. like the woman in the times article mentioned above, i like living somewhere with a main street with a dry cleaners and a place to get your nails did and a 24 hour supermarket and a good off license and being near town. i have never personally had any direct hassle, but then i spend most of my time walking around with a massive big bloke. i spoke to two different people who live in the batter before we moved and both of them said they really liked it, and if anyone asked me i'd probably say the same thing, but that if your tolerance for anti-social behaviour is low don't do it.

it's very easy to harp on about community but actually what people mean when they say that is convenience. personally, i am willing to put up with some shite e.g. lots of litter, some risk of petty theft, local alcoholics asking me for change, for the sake of convenience and ok rent for a pretty nice apt. that's what it's worth to me rather than living further out or paying more rent in lusher surroundings.

do you mind me asking whereabouts your gfs hubcaps were robbed? some of the houses up sitric road/viking road seem pretty nice although maybe it's a different story after dark.

*deep breath*

i was just about to make up a story about something crazy i did in work today to make me look really cool, but then rememebered that a workmate of mine is a regular on thumped and would have known i was lying and possibly rumbled me.

close one, phew.

Neil's car was vandalised twice and broken into twice in a 4 month period of parking it on sitric road. Now we have a parking space in Smithfield for it, yet more fucking expense. I was never that bothered by the local scumbags (and I'm not even talking about the drunks and tramps, they're absolutely fine, no bother out of them what so ever) because I had the same attitude as you - it's the inner city, council estates abound so it's to be expected. Grand. Until we got the car and then it became personal. It's been keyed, windscreen wiper ripped off, broken into. I mean jesus, and we were stepping over increasing amounts of illegally dumped rubbish to get to it. And the houses up along Ivar st, oxmantown road etc go for in excess of 380k, and they've no off street parking. So when we move, we're moving elsewhere, I don't see what choice we have.

helena said:
do you mind me asking whereabouts your gfs hubcaps were robbed? some of the houses up sitric road/viking road seem pretty nice although maybe it's a different story after dark.

*deep breath*

c0De_n1NjA said:
i was just about to make up a story about something crazy i did in work today to make me look really cool, but then rememebered that a workmate of mine is a regular on thumped and would have known i was lying and possibly rumbled me.

close one, phew.

Fuck that. Lie all the time. Lying's the new black.
I'm lying right now.
Honest.

helena said:

I'm in Halliday Square which is just off Oxmantown Road. We have an ongoing problem with skangers hanging out here. At one stage there were groups of about 50 of them all pissed up and roaring their heads off. Eventually the gards came along and set the dogs on them and beat up a couple of them.Great crack watching from my bedroom. For once I was " go on the police brutality! give him one for me"
It worked for the most part, as the gard on the phone yestreday said "sure hasn't it all quietened down up there?".

Now all we have are the burglars, vandals and out of control children.
(I sound like my parents!)

The local teenagers say choice things like "yizzer lucky, a couple of year ago we'd have run yiz outta here" and territorial shit like that. I'm lucky my girlfriend can do a mean skanger impression which calms the natives somewhat.

She parks the car outside the gaff in our driveway. Maybe a security light might be a bit of a detterant but I doubt it.

cunts

have you ever heard the woman who lows like a cow? She usually starts about 3am and she roars mournfully at the top of her voice out on the street?

"whyyyyy dddddiiiidd yooooooooooooooooooooooou haveeeeeeeeeeeetaaa steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel myyyyyyyyyyyyyy fellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa he's myyyyyyyyyyy fellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

all shouted in a basso lithiumed tone turned up to about one hundred and eleven. She's woken me up a few times, the noisy bitch.

johnnystress said:
I'm in Halliday Square which is just off Oxmantown Road. We have an ongoing problem with skangers hanging out here. At one stage there were groups of about 50 of them all pissed up and roaring their heads off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back