• Replies 5
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 1

cpr

Pricks....
Website
www.myspace.com
My dearest fellow renters of Thumped,

Today I got an email from the management company who looks after the property I'm renting saying they would be paying an inspection visit next week. I was pretty surprised at this as I've never experienced this before so of course I emailed back asking the reason for this. They said it was standard practice (despite not being in our contract) and I'm feeling a bit iffy about it. Our house is immaculate with not a thing out of place but this just feels....dodgy to me.

Any advice/experience of this anyone?

I've rented all my adult life and it's happened a few times. It depends on the landlord. I believe they do (not sure here) have the right to check as much as they like as long as they give you proper notice. Generally I find those who check are good landlords because they want to check up on the place to make sure (things that maybe renters wouldn't care about enough to contact them on) are okay or if it's been a few years to make sure nothing needs to be done, fixed or updated. With the climate they might just be getting a lay of the land for an estimate of the house value, etc. I don't think it's dodgy in the least.

i wouldn't be surprised if ireland has no laws relating to notice for visits.
they do in the UK. a mate of mine once called the cops on his landlord over it (pretending he didn't know who it was prowling around downstairs on a saturday morning), and they gave his landlord a good talking to.

i wouldn't be surprised if ireland has no laws relating to notice for visits.
they do in the UK. a mate of mine once called the cops on his landlord over it (pretending he didn't know who it was prowling around downstairs on a saturday morning), and they gave his landlord a good talking to.

It's quite strange here, I must admit. According to the standard renters agreement on a month to month rental the renter has to give 42 days notice. Why 42? Most landlords only require 30 but my management company is requiring the full 42. I have that booklet somewhere, it probably has visits rules too. Actually, CPR it might be online if you search.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/housing/renting-a-home/landlords_rights_and_obligations

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/housing/renting-a-home/tenants_rights_and_obligations

"Your landlord is only allowed to enter your home with your permission. If the landlord needs to carry out repairs or inspect the premises, it should be by prior arrangement, except in an emergency."

Notice of the visit has been given and we have to confirm when is ok for us. Thanks for the advice people, much appreciated. Thumped- never lets you down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back