Q: What's this man thinking? (1 Viewer)

snakybus said:
Remember the day we met in town and both bought a copy Pantone? Then we met Antone and talked about Marillion. Just one of those things that stick in the head for some reason.

Then we e-mailed each other back and forth about it....

"oh boy I'm listengint to Tumbling Dice... this track"

"oh yeah that tracks great, but wait till you get to Torn and Frayed..."

I swear I play that album at least once a week, all the way thru, there is no other album I'd do that too... sure there are albums I might love more... but none I'd play so regularly and not tire off.

Often when I play it a guy in the office comes by and sits on the counter behind my desk and air drums thru the whole thing... no matter how much work he has, no matter what's going on, he'll sit there and we'll talk about how awesome this album is, too cool

snakybus said:
ok that's it, I'm sticking it on now!

dow, dernernerner, der. der. der. ner!

this sure beats working

"It's so messssmerrrissssinnngggg, all that inssssiiiddddeeeeee meeeeee"

I tells you, raising your kids on this record will do them no wrong...

me still worky

me listen to Will Oldham, so it's not all bad... I nearly started a new Thread on 'It's a hard life' from Master and Everyone... the electric guitar on the right speaker at the end.... total shivers up the spine...

Didn't get a chance to listen to it last night so listened to it on the way into work this morning. One of the few albums that really is no filler all killer. Tumbling dice gats me every time.

Oh and while I'm here congrats on the little 'un Mike!

"Exile" and Sticky Fingers blow my mind. Moonlight Mile is probably my favourite overall. Tumbling dice and Torn and Frayed ( trainspotting warning: anyone else notice that the Dirty Three's s/t CD has 'torn and frayed' written on it? I thought it was a sort of an unofficial name for it until I got Exile and noticed the same font. I reckon it's a homage. ) Beggars Banquet too, what an album(?)

Then we e-mailed each other back and forth about it....

"oh boy I'm listengint to Tumbling Dice... this track"

"oh yeah that tracks great, but wait till you get to Torn and Frayed..."

I swear I play that album at least once a week, all the way thru, there is no other album I'd do that too... sure there are albums I might love more... but none I'd play so regularly and not tire off.

Often when I play it a guy in the office comes by and sits on the counter behind my desk and air drums thru the whole thing... no matter how much work he has, no matter what's going on, he'll sit there and we'll talk about how awesome this album is, too cool

did you buy any marrilion that day?

Here's a picture of andrew ridgely

andrewridgley.jpg

that make you feel better? you all a quiver now?

As I slowly scrolled down this picture I found myself praying that he was wearing pants. Phew!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Some Irish band released an LP called "Exile on Dame Street" a couple of years ago. Forget who it was. Thought the title was quite funny though...

it was $1000 wedding. some funny lyrics as well.

sewing room called an album 'sympathy for the dishevelled', nod to 'sympathy for the devil'

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back