Puget Sound, Somedays Better, Kid Blunt, The Coldspoon Conspiracy (1 Viewer)

Game for a laugh?

• Game Ball

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Game over

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
The Music Room, 19th July

A varied bill featuring bands with different toes attached to the “leftfield foot” that makes up Dublins independendent music scene. 4 bands for 3 Euro and the question need not be why? It can be why not? A hugely sucessful evening. Unless you don’t like going on first wwhen a lot of people haven’t arrived for their evening’s ear bashing or you don’t like going on last when many people have either gone to catch a bus or whose attention span has reached its limit.

I was late and Coldspoon Conspiracy where nearly finished their set when I paid my 3 blips. As the press write when a late subsitution is made on a football team, not on long enough to register a mark.

Kid Blunt played long enough to register on the scale. Their sound still dips into the NOFX brand that so much of their early stuff reminded me of but they have gotten harder. They seem to be trying harder too, which is nice. I want more which is the best judgement to pass on a band.

Puget Sound have been described as Art-Punk by those too lazy to know better. I never viewed Victims Family in that way so I’ll pass on the obs that Puget sound don’t make easy listening. You have to try to flow with their music. Just as you get into a beat they go and change it. I like that in a band. I like it a lot. They did play for far too long tonight for my liking. The Music Room was packed, it was mid July and the place was like a Sauna. I have seen Puget Sound many times before and never before have I wanted to say “Just finish”. After tonight I’m gonna campaign for local bands to play for no more than 25 minutes. 30 minutes if they are Redneck Manifesto.

Some Days Better eventually went on and I bet they wish they hadn’t, or at least missed out on the start. They seemed a bit unnerved, can’t point out why as I was very impressed. Do you want to know what the sound like? Can’t put eloquence into it. Interesting use of noise with gtr. bass drums and voice. You probably wouldn’t sing along to may of their songs but you could quite easily get lost IN their sound. I’d advise you to check them out if you can.

pete said:
The Music Room, 19th July

A varied bill featuring bands with different toes attached to the “leftfield foot” that makes up Dublins independendent music scene. 4 bands for 3 Euro and the question need not be why? It can be why not? A hugely sucessful evening. Unless you don’t like going on first wwhen a lot of people haven’t arrived for their evening’s ear bashing or you don’t like going on last when many people have either gone to catch a bus or whose attention span has reached its limit.

I was late and Coldspoon Conspiracy where nearly finished their set when I paid my 3 blips. As the press write when a late subsitution is made on a football team, not on long enough to register a mark.

Kid Blunt played long enough to register on the scale. Their sound still dips into the NOFX brand that so much of their early stuff reminded me of but they have gotten harder. They seem to be trying harder too, which is nice. I want more which is the best judgement to pass on a band.

Puget Sound have been described as Art-Punk by those too lazy to know better. I never viewed Victims Family in that way so I’ll pass on the obs that Puget sound don’t make easy listening. You have to try to flow with their music. Just as you get into a beat they go and change it. I like that in a band. I like it a lot. They did play for far too long tonight for my liking. The Music Room was packed, it was mid July and the place was like a Sauna. I have seen Puget Sound many times before and never before have I wanted to say “Just finish”. After tonight I’m gonna campaign for local bands to play for no more than 25 minutes. 30 minutes if they are Redneck Manifesto.

Some Days Better eventually went on and I bet they wish they hadn’t, or at least missed out on the start. They seemed a bit unnerved, can’t point out why as I was very impressed. Do you want to know what the sound like? Can’t put eloquence into it. Interesting use of noise with gtr. bass drums and voice. You probably wouldn’t sing along to may of their songs but you could quite easily get lost IN their sound. I’d advise you to check them out if you can.

We played too. We were the first band before Coldspoon Conspiracy that weren't Coldspoon Conspiracy. We weren't on the posters though...
Plus we ahd to stop playing 'cos of some sort of problem with na gardai or some such affair

I like to think it was because we were too loud .|..|

ps...it wasn't though

Bad Pun Ahead!!!

Giveamanakick said:
We played too. We were the first band before Coldspoon Conspiracy that weren't Coldspoon Conspiracy. We weren't on the posters though...
Plus we ahd to stop playing 'cos of some sort of problem with na gardai or some such affair

ps...it wasn't though

So it isn't okay to be loud!?! Jesus!!!

Giveamanakick said:

ps...it wasn't though
The official reason for the hick-up in proceedings was a rather unlucky and sticky situation involving an gardai. They had raided the luscious music room on thursday and kicked out underagers, but they only called because of a complaint of loud noise. On Saturday a youn rookie called in again about the noise, right as the 'kick were firing up. A worried but friendly owner explained that he couldn't have more trouble with the gardai, but he did want the gig to go ahead. He asked the music be stopped for a short period. We agreed, he id'd, we closed the curtains, turned down the sound, created a sweat box with fun all round.

Wow these threads are old but I am sure I was at that gig and I am even more sure that it was good, as that venue was great, cept for the air needed to breath was thin on the ground up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back