PSYCHONAVIGATION IN THE BIBLE! (1 Viewer)

psycho

Website
www.psychonavigation.com
well not really but its considered a bible to electronica heads.
catch our ad in the latest edition of the wire magazine.
<its a box ad at the back of the mag>

cheers,psychonavigation crew http://www.psychonavigation.com

ps:nice one desy for the mention in m8 magazine!
Forthcoming Psychonavigation gig:

Sub-Culture in association with Psychonavigation proudly presents a special event to celebrate 10 years of the legendary Belgian club Fuse at the Temple Bar Music Centre in Dublin on Friday July 9th.

Special guest St. Dic will be the first Fuse resident DJ to play at a club in Ireland. St. Dic is a long-standing resident at the legendary techno institute that is Fuse in Brussels where he has hosted the Motion floor for seven years. Born in Montreal in 1974, St. Dic moved to Belgium at the age of seven where he grew up skateboarding, listening to alternative rock bands, and going to concerts. On a whim, he began DJing in 1993 at a friend's home. After some practice he began rocking parties, then bigger events and eventually regular eight hour sets at the mighty Food club. It was these Food gigs that brought him to the attention of several promoters, and as a result he ended up as one of the weekly Fuse residents. At Fuse's Motion floor he is well known for blending deep-house and tech-house, creating a crowd-pleasing sonic cocktail that is sometimes laid-back and other times uplifting. A sample of St Dic's DJ skills can be heard on the Fuse compilation 'Fuse 5th Anniversary', a mix that truly embodies the vibe of Fuse's Motion floor. Recently, St. Dic has been moving audiences all over Belgium, including a new monthly residency at the Respect night at Fuse, the Dour festival, Axion Beach, House-Tourhout and the Sjock festival. His bounds as a DJ are now extending internationally with performances at Batofar (Paris), L'Aeronef (Lille, France), Chemistry, De Rechter, Tivola (Amsterdam, Netherlands), Roxy, Mecca (Prague, Czech Republic) and Cafe de la Gare (Luxembourg) and St. Dic will play for the first time in Ireland at Sub-Culture in the Temple Bar Music Centre on July 9th.

Also performing at Sub-Culture will be Ireland's leading exponent of electronic music Donnacha Costello. Donnacha lives and works in Dublin and has had an interest in sound since he started playing piano and toy keyboards in 1981. He began composing in 1989, turning to electronic music production in 1994. He has been releasing music since 1996 and has to date released three albums, two for Force-Inc/Mille Plateaux and one for Raster-Noton. He has also released over a dozen 12" records on labels including Trapez, D1 Recordings and his own Minimise label. He has also performed many remixes and has appeared on numerous compilations, most recently on Kompakt's 'Pop Ambient 2004'. A true musical chameleon, Costello is known as many things to many people; an ambient composer, a techno producer, a guitar player and an experimental musician. He has received constant critical acclaim from the media and has been name-checked by many prominent musicians including Johnny Marr [ex-Smiths] and Richie Hawtin to name just two. He also composes music for film and lectures at university. Having studied philosophy, with a particular interest in aesthetics, and having later studied media technologies, it is no surprise that his creativity also finds _expression in the visual arts and he has developed several visual projects for gallery installations. In 2004, Costello is focusing his attention in three main areas; creating new ambient music, experimental music production for Raster-Noton and techno production for his 'Colorseries' 12" vinyl releases on his own Minimise label. Best described as contemporary minimal house and techno, meets early 90’s UK bleep and American Midwest acid, with an emphasis on escapism and losing oneself to the music, this is a series of strong, timeless, endless grooves. Donnacha will perform a special 'Colorseries' live set for Sub-Culture on July 9th.

Psychonavigation Records will host the second room in the Temple Bar Music Centre, showcasing some of the label's finest talents with live electronic performances from Sean Quinn and Derek Carr as well as DJ sets from Esa Ruoho (Lackluster) and Psychonavigation main man Keith Downey. Special visuals will also be provided by Itison Productions.

Doors open at 11pm and entrance is EUR10 or EUR8 with a flyer or advance e-mail to [email protected]

Sub-Culture main room:

St. Dic (DJ set)
Donnacha Costello (Live)

Psychonavigation room:

Derek Carr (Live)
Sean Quinn (Live)
Lackluster (DJ set)
Keith Downey (DJ set)

you seem to have a problem with donnach hag?what happened?we'd like to know?i've met donnacha a few times.he seems like a really nice guy and i'm not just saying that because he's performing at our event!peace and love.psychonavigation.

psycho said:
you seem to have a problem with donnach hag?what happened?we'd like to know?i've met donnacha a few times.he seems like a really nice guy and i'm not just saying that because he's performing at our event!peace and love.psychonavigation.
no, no problem with d. his press release just reads funny is all... ;) i used the cheese emoticon!!!

actually, i tell a lie. the only irish computer i'm interested in at the moment is formika. was he on a compilation you put out recently or something? he's a nice computer.

na.formika was on the elektra cd on elusive.like his stuff thou.
check out the new lackluster cd "remixselection_one" and matthew devereux "tap tap tap" record.you wont be disappointed.
good computer music.psychonavigation crew.

do you think that maybe some day computers might be able to sing?

i'm considering recording my album using a digital 8-track but i'm kinda anxious... is it going to end up sounding like robots?

psycho said:
WE ARE THE ROBOTS.............
hey, i've heard people say that before... but you know what? i can't believe a robot would fart, it just doesn't make sense. therefore, by my reckoning, the only thing that separates robots from humans is farting. and don't go saying "what about other bodily functions like sex etc?", because i've used a dildo and it was pretty good. i farted a lot afterwards though so the conversation wasn't up to much.

i need a drink.

psycho said:
stop drinking.keith ( a member of the psychonaviagtion crew)
hi keith. how many people are in your crew? i bet my crew is bigger. i bet my you know what is bigger too.

fo shizzle i got a crew...

gang.jpg

i'm the one with the horns... and that's mark king on the right... and that's snakey trying to ride me (for a change... sheeeeesh!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back