PS3 (6 Viewers)

mgs-ps3-custom-mod.jpg

Bidding for this machine is at a mere $11,500 so far.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130263869818

Blu-Ray player is meant to be decent.

Games wise I'd say Wipeout HD, Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction, Drakes Fortune, Super Stardust HD. Others will say MGS4 and LBP but not me. Resistance 2 looks like it could be good too.

Thinking of trading in the Wii for a PS3.

Is the Blu-Ray player any good?

What games y'all recommend?

wii vs ps3

its an easy decision. loads of good old games as well. i picked up rachet and clank & drakes uncharted and both are decent. resistance 2 looks great as well. wipeout is great fun
havent played them but you have metal gear, heavenly sword etc

online is nowhere near as good as the 360 but its showing signs of improving.

blurays look really nice but the price of them is ridiculous. although i have downloaded some blurays and converted the mkv files and they work fine

Thinking of trading in the Wii for a PS3.

Is the Blu-Ray player any good?

What games y'all recommend?
DO it!
I dont know tbh!
Call of duty 4 is the best game ever, I got my PS about 8 months ago with COD4 and have been playing it online ever since with the exception on GTA4 which i played for about a month and got bored of

Wilbert already has a 360 though, so I'm guessing he'd be interested in PS3 games only.

Actually what is the trade in on a wii now? Fella at work is thinking about doing the same thing.

anyone getting resistance 2 ? looks really good. single player, 8 man co-op on different campaign.

The multiplayer especially looks good. 30 vs 30 with apparently no lag. The setup would suit the thumped ps3 owners as well. basically you are assigned to a 5 man team with a set objective. then as the game continues you eventually end up at a central location with 30 vs 30 mayhem

Played the beta a bit. 30 v 30 was alright, it just turns into a spam fest at choke points though.

The first one was pretty average so I'll wait till I see the reviews.

Also the small team within a bigger team did work great in battlefield, you just didn't buy it!

You mean the 9.5 'online timed exclusive' review? I wouldn't read too much into that.

I hope it's great, I really do! I'm just not convinced yet is all. It'll need to be almost a completely different game from the original in order for it to justify a 9.5 for me.

anyone getting resistance 2 ? looks really good. single player, 8 man co-op on different campaign.

The multiplayer especially looks good. 30 vs 30 with apparently no lag. The setup would suit the thumped ps3 owners as well. basically you are assigned to a 5 man team with a set objective. then as the game continues you eventually end up at a central location with 30 vs 30 mayhem

i'm getting it - mostly for the single player though.

Alright godson, EG has given RFOM2 a 9 and has said its a completely different game from the original. Looks like I'll be picking it up at the end of the month.

Alright godson, EG has given RFOM2 a 9 and has said its a completely different game from the original. Looks like I'll be picking it up at the end of the month.

good stuff. i was going to get it early but sod that. gow2 start of nov. l4d mid nov and r2 for the end of nov. thats november sorted anyway

so is fable 2 still worthy of the 10/10 from eg ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back