PS3 (2 Viewers)

Jesus I woke up at twelve, started playing, only just realised its over four hours later.

First two difficulty levels are fairly forgiving, going to push it up a notch now.

Sony 2006 said:
DualShock 2's rumble feature has been dropped, as the vibration "interferes with information detected by the sensor."

Sony 2008 said:
June 27, 2008: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that DUALSHOCK®3 Wireless Controller will be available for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) in Europe on July 2, 2008. The eagerly awaited wireless controller with vibration function will put truly responsive gaming power into players’ hands, shaking up gaming experiences when it arrives on PS3 this summer.

It’s not what you see – it’s what you feel that makes DUALSHOCK 3 the first choice for all gamers. More than 28 million DUALSHOCK controllers have been sold since the first DUALSHOCK release for PlayStation® in 1998. Now DUALSHOCK 3 puts some serious power into existing and future PS3 titles, with its vibration function offering even more interactive play between gamers and the many games – past, present and future – which support the vibration functionality. DUALSHOCK 3 also retains the high-precision, high-response motion-sensitive aspects that have made SIXAXIS so popular.

David Reeves, President and CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, commented, "We are delighted to confirm that DUALSHOCK 3 will be released in SCEE territories in early July. We hope this will add to the intense gaming experience for our fans, as we continue to evolve PS3, its software and its peripherals.”

Almost all future PS3 releases will support DUALSHOCK 3, and the controller is already compatible with many existing PS3 titles (firmware upgrade 1.94 required). Face the heart-pounding fear of alien warfare in Resistance: Fall of Man™, hold tight as you tear through the streets of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue™, or feel the thrill of treasure hunting in Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune™ – your favourite PS3 games like you’ve never experienced them before.

Making your gaming experience more immersive, more intuitive and more realistic, DUALSHOCK 3 is the only Bluetooth® controller combining vibration function and SIXAXIS™ features, and the first choice for anyone wanting to get the most out of their PS3 gaming experience.

Thanks, science.

The in game xmb update is pretty cool. There's a new trophy system now too. Shame they couldn't have had all this stuff ready from the off but better late than never i suppose.

There's a few long ones alright.

The cinematic action cut scenes are usually 5-10 minutes at most. They're spectacular though - i wish there was more of em.

The mission briefings are kinda long. Theres 5 of them and some are around a half hour. They're fully interactive though. You can walk about and view all your stats etc.

Then theres the codec conversations but they're not that long really.

You can pause or skip all the cut scenes.

I loved it though. A lot easier to play than any other metal gear. You can blast your way through the game or finish it without killing anyone. Best graphics i've seen on ps3 yet, seemingly endless amount of weapons and items.

Trust you. I haven't played a decent survivial horror game in years.

I hated the beta of metal gear online, plodding load of shite.

The siren demo is on the jap store i think. Its alright - i'm surprised the full thing got a decent review.

Metal Gear Online feels a lot better to play when you've spent time with MGS4. Still I could take or leave it.

I'm guessing sony are gonna announce God of War 3, a new Hideo Kojima game and whatever team ico are working on. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce that wipeout hd is out this thursday too.

I hope they don't lean to heavily on home or little gay planet. I've seen far too many trailers of those already.

I'm guessing sony are gonna announce God of War 3, a new Hideo Kojima game and whatever team ico are working on. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce that wipeout hd is out this thursday too.

I hope they don't lean to heavily on home or little gay planet. I've seen far too many trailers of those already.

yeah reckon god of war 3, new team ico game and little big planet demo (maybe level creator). devil may cry for psp and final fantasy 7 remake.

and a new peripheral, home will be shit and maybe a new pixel junk game

Hah I don't think I've played a single MP game with thumped folk yet on the PS3. The lack of in game XMB was a real problem. I'm banking on Wipeout HD being the start of MP tumped nerdiness on the PS3.

And nope three of us have it on the 360, you'll be the final member of the squad. I see mr.citysickness has been on it almost non-stop since Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back